Author Topic: Betting Suggestions / Requests  (Read 1445 times)

Xepherian

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Xepherian
Betting Suggestions / Requests
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
Good evening,

today was my first day in using Deep Bot on my channel-- it was a HUGE hit. Everybody loved the functionality of Bank Heists, Arenas, as well as how the payout system for bets worked. Some context to my background, as well as the reason I became involved in taking part in the Deep Bot BETA test, was because my stream is heavily based off of betting on League of Legends games that I commentate over. My stream used to have a bot developed by a friend, but that friend (as well as his bot) vanished from the face of the Earth-- his friends say he suddenly moved and has not contacted them since. I lost the chat interactivity that my friend had brought to my stream and I sought to replace it-- which lead me here.

That being said, there were some things that bot had done that I do not believe Deep Bot does, unless I am overlooking a command. I do not mean to directly compare the bots as an insult to the Deep Bot project, but I believe these features will help develop the Deep Bot project, and make it's betting system even better than it is now.

I will continue to add my feedback and suggestions in regards to betting here in this thread-- as these thoughts and ideas continuously fleet from my mind.

The old bot will be referred to as "NatsBot."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Betting Confirmation (or !checkbet)

When users bet, NatsBot used to confirm the bet, by replying to the user with the point amount and the option that they bet on. This was particularly useful when Twitch chat servers were eating messages-- when my users placed their bets today they were confused and were wondering if their bets were processed. I assured them they were-- but I was only hoping. The GUI that Deep Bot provided said that bets were place, but I couldn't check individual bet success.

An alternative to the confirmation (as some people would believe it to spam their chat) would be allowing users to do a !checkbet command which would allow the bot to respond with their points wagered, as well as their option.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Tiny, Nonsensical Stuff

This stuff is pure fluff, as in it doesn't effect the functionality of the Deep Bot at all-- just things that bug me, and maybe some other people as well. If things are adjusted, I'll strike-through them, and the list may continue to grow.

1. When I activate a bet using Deep Bot, I always ask my bets in a question format. Deep Bot always ends my bets with a period, so my bets will look like "Who will win the game?."

Dreams.exe

The betting portion of my stream was motivated by the enjoyment watching Saltybet's channel brings to me. I don't expect these features to ever really be introduced, but these features would truly be breath-taking.

1. A visual representative to display on stream in regards to bets.

I first had this idea when I was watching Twitch Plays Pokemon-- I saw the way the DEMOCRACY / ANARCHY bar would change-- I would love for my channel to be able to have a slider to represent the domination of an option in the betting function. Perhaps just a little slider in the betting section I could use WINDOW CAPTURE and CHROMA KEY to represent in the stream. This wouldn't work for multi-bets, but I naturally don't have more than two options featured at one time. I did try having more than one option today, and it was a bit confusing for everybody.

I'll edit this post as more things come up in certain categories, cheers.  ;D