Author Topic: OBS Studio DeepBot Remote  (Read 6330 times)

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: legendaryladman
OBS Studio DeepBot Remote
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:20:13 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a question in regards to OBS Studio DeepBot Remote. I recently switched over to OBS Studio from classic. i used to use OBS Remote with classic. then i found out the OBS Studio DeepBot Remote that is in the DeepBot folder for Studio. The documentation is a bit confusing with it comes to the part about making the command to trigger the hotkeys you set up. I have a command called !Rip, it displays a Gif on the screen, after 5 seconds, that command is chained to a command called !RipOff, which then disables it so it can be used again latter.

I have set up the hot key in Studio for this using ctrl + shift + r. i have set this in both the settings in OBS Studio and the Editor in OBS Studio DeepBot Remote, so my question is the following, how do i make it so that the command !Rip triggers the hotkey ctrl + shift + r ? Doc says to do the following,

Document: Link: http://wiki.deepbot.tv/obs_studio_remote

Once that is done, the last step is to create the DeepBot command that will trigger the scanner. To do this, go into DeepBot and create a new custom command. You can setup the access control as needed to ensure only people you trust can use the command.

Then on top bottom right, you will find a section around OBS Remote. Here you need to enter the same details you entered when you created the “Scanner” inside the companion app. So in our case it will be Enable source “WebCam”. Simply hit save once you are done, and the setup is complete. Execute the command and see the magic happen!

I know what the doc is say in i need to make a command, thats what i have set up for it in OBS Classic and OBS remote plugin i used to use. Im not understanding how to set the command !Rip to trigger a hotkey. unless im not reading this right.

Below is what i have set up

http://imgur.com/a/5vuy4

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: OBS Studio DeepBot Remote
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:39:42 AM »
So essentially it does the same thing. First, I would make sure to move OBSStudioRemote.exe to a separate folder. (I made a folder inside the deepbot folder labeled "StudioRemote".) Then right clikc the OBSStudioRemote.exe > Select "Properties" > Navigate to the "Security" Tab > Check that all users listed in the box have the "Full Control" permission > Then click "Apply" or "OK". Then run the program as admin.

It looks like you got the first half of the process done. You just need to add a scanner to the OBSStudioRemote and OBS Studio to disable the source. So the chained command to disable the source can disable/hide it.

Example:

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 04:41:45 AM »
Awesome! I will try to move the app to its own folder.

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:47:56 AM »
Ok, i moved the app to its own folder in the deepbot folder as you suggested. Still when i call my command !Rip, nothing happens.

it works if i use the hotkey i have set up in OBS Studio, but when i call the command from chat, nothing happens.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 04:55:40 AM »
Ok, i moved the app to its own folder in the deepbot folder as you suggested. Still when i call my command !Rip, nothing happens.

it works if i use the hotkey i have set up in OBS Studio, but when i call the command from chat, nothing happens.

Did you do the Security Tab thing I mentioned in the first post I put?

Right click the OBSStudioRemote.exe > Select "Properties" > Navigate to the "Security" Tab > Check that all users listed in the box have the "Full Control" permission > Then click "Apply" or "OK". Then run the program as admin.

That is what I had to do to get it to work.

Need help ASAP?

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:58:15 AM »
Yes, i made sure all the users on my computer, have full control.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 05:02:27 AM »
Hmm. I am not 100% sure. I would make sure the names of the sources both in the command and OBSStudioRemote match, and the hotkeys. Also make sure you are running Deepbot, OBS Studio, And the remote as admin. Maybe do the same thing in my previous post with OBS Studio.

Need help ASAP?

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 05:08:45 AM »

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 05:11:14 AM »

OBS Studio DeepBot Remote

Security Settings

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 05:14:26 AM »
Sorry, here is a better image for my settings

ladman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:17 AM »
Ok, i ran everything in Admin and it works now. However, everytime i open OBS Studio DeepBot Remote, it blank and i have to make tall the Scanners again? any ideas on that one?

CreepyCastleTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: CreepyCastleTV
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 09:49:37 PM »
Ok, i ran everything in Admin and it works now. However, everytime i open OBS Studio DeepBot Remote, it blank and i have to make tall the Scanners again? any ideas on that one?

I set this up about a year ago as well and had the exact same issue. I got everything working but my scanners would all be gone every time I'd open it back up. I let them know, they acknowledged it and said they'd look in to it but I never heard back. Curious if you ended up solving?

Thanks!
Castle

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »
I wouldn't worry about this method, since a plugin for studio came out.

Check the guide out: http://wiki.deepbot.tv/obs_studio_remote

Need help ASAP?