Author Topic: Odd occurrences with follows and random users getting mod status  (Read 1749 times)

sushidoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SushixPANDA
Hey, so since I've been using deepbot I have noticed in the past that I've suddenly been following users on Twitch with my main account that I am certain I did not choose to follow. After looking into their profiles they have shown to be affiliated with Deepbot in some way. More worryingly, I just noticed the user "chyadosensei" was modded on my Deepbot client but I have no recollection of doing so, nor do they have any history in my channel besides being there for a couple of minutes on the 31st of May. What is happening?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Odd occurrences with follows and random users getting mod status
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:59:26 AM »
Maybe someone knows your twitch account info? I recommend changing your password and see if it keeps happening.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

sushidoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SushixPANDA
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »
Well being a Twitch affiliate my account is 2FA enabled. I can only imagine it links back to Deepbot in some way...isn't the Deepbot mod ability tied to the user and settings on the PC rather than Twitch? This is especially weird as they are not a moderator nor have they ever been on my actual channel, so it was just shown on the user list.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 10:15:04 PM »
So if you have the setting enabled for twitch mods to sync to deepbot, then it would sync all mods from your twitch channel. It gives any mods, the deepbot mod level 1 by default. So if you unmod someone from your twitch channel, you also need to remove it manually from deepbot.

So possible explanations:

- The user got a name change and may have been a mod
- Maybe you made them a mod by accident
- Maybe you got a name change recently and it had something to do with that?
- I would check your connections under you settings and disconnect anything you don't use anymore or is gone.

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport