Author Topic: Accidentally removed class from channel in user database  (Read 1497 times)

Moobage

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: midgetsaiyan
Accidentally removed class from channel in user database
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:23 AM »
As the title suggest I edited my twitch accounts username in the user database and now it's no longer streamer class
how do i undo this damage because I can no longer use some commands, maybe also could you add an option that stops the streamer class from being un-set?

Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Accidentally removed class from channel in user database
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
Deepbot regularly makes backups of the user database in case the database gets corrupted or, in this case doing something that i'm unsure how you accomplished breaking it. What did you edit to make it so you, the streamer, can't launch some commands? I'll be interested to find out.

In either case, follow the steps listed below to restore the database to its previous state.

• Go to where you have installed Deepbot (Typically C:\DeepBot - Twitch Streamer Assistant)
  • Navigate to the backups folder
  • There is a readme file explaining what the different folders in there contain, but typically you want to either be looking in folder 1 (1 hr backups) or folder 2 (3 hr backups), depending on when you started experiencing these problems
  • Copy the "users" file that is before the time that you edited your username in the database. This file will have numbers after it
  • Go back to the main folder and delete the "users" file
  • Paste the users file you copied from the backups folder and then rename it so it just reads "users"

And you're done. Obviously if you have used Deepbot after the event your described in a stream this will result in a loss in points accrued in that time but this should hopefully fix the problem you are having.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556