Author Topic: Message Count in Database  (Read 1448 times)

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Crimson_Sands_Gaming
Message Count in Database
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »
Would it be Possible to track a persons message count and Display this in the User database?

I dont agree with Alt accounts gaining points and 1 person being able to benefit from 2-5+ account points worth and having them camps the channel 24/7, Especially since i am giving away games every week with these points in a auction style.  I have restricted the !give command to Mods only, but in time they will still accumulate a large amount that could outbid others.... I refuse to allow this type of "cheating" to prevail and actively monitor all accounts that "camp" the channel to combat Point farming Alts.  Having a User Message counter would help me better Determine a  farming account from an active account, Not to mention it would be a fun/Interesting additional Statistic to have.
http://www.twitch.tv/crimson_sands_gaming - Waiting for Star Citizen to be more Stream worthy, playing Random games till then! come Join the fun!

Izlsnizzt

Re: Message Count in Database
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:00:15 AM »
I believe an active chatter option has been proposed in the past so that only people who actively chat within time period of point giveaways. I will bring this up again as I feel it's a good idea. Personally I choose not to give away points when I am offline, this helps curb the "camping" issue to some degree.

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Crimson_Sands_Gaming
Re: Message Count in Database
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »
Ya, i thought of disabling the offline points, however i realized that the alt's would camp the stream regardless cause it's not like the person would take them off when i offline so that they wouldnt miss out on points (considering i typically do 14 hour streams)....  The offline points i've noticed helps to keep the channel alive at all times, and i use that side effect to "host" other channels to their and my benefit.
http://www.twitch.tv/crimson_sands_gaming - Waiting for Star Citizen to be more Stream worthy, playing Random games till then! come Join the fun!