Poll

!highlight command: Would You Find This Feature Useful?

Yes
2 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 02, 2014, 12:11:09 AM

Author Topic: POLL: !highlight command  (Read 1779 times)

vajbTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: vajbTV
POLL: !highlight command
« on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
Alright, so I'm playing NHL alot on stream and it being an intense game and often you pull off stuff that would qualify as a highlight but sitting there with a pen and paper - well I miss alot of stuff and it'd be good with a way to easily and fast go through it the next day.

I'd like a way for my viewers to type !Highlight (configurable command maybe?) and for it to be saved into a textfile with a username, timestamp and for that textfile to be displayed in a smart way within the bot. Loading that textfile with user and a timestamp (Could search through the logs every day , but might be more convenient to have it in a bot window).

Maybe even check for if it's only one user, or many users typing it within a given timespan of the first !highlight. If it's one user going !highlight it might not be that important but if it's several that might be something worth keeping.

Just a thought that would make stuff faster.

Thanks for lovely work on this bot, it's a lifesaver!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:12:28 AM by Dante557 »

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: POLL: !highlight command
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:26 AM »
Changed Topic Title. Added poll to gauge user interest. Poll closes in 14 days.

Side note: Please don't post a new topic in the "implemented" forum next time. This is for features that have already been added to Deepbot. Posting a topic there may fool users into thinking that it already exists and as such will result in questions that the answer will always be "Not implemented yet" until it actually is.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

DasMehdi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: dasmehdi
Re: POLL: !highlight command
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 03:37:07 AM »
This would be great. However, I'd suggest that perhaps it should be !highlight <insert title> and only people in a particular control group should be allowed to do it: ie VIPs or Moderators, or a special group called highlighters. For big streams, using a simple file would be very problematic.