Author Topic: 5 New features to be more efficient  (Read 2644 times)

SiylissTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SiylissTV
5 New features to be more efficient
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »
Hello there,  :D

I am absolutely loving Deepbot. A couple things I've been suggesting to emrerocky what they said I should put on here are these...

1. Add a shop feature where people use points to purchase items you have for them to get. I do a ton of artwork and people always want art so if I can make some special ones available for points that would be great. Basically i would post a pic on imgur or my website siyliss.com that people see an item and a cost and a command to purchase it (preferably in the bots chat for spam sake) and then the bot sends the twitch account purchasing the item a PM with the download link I would have in like mediafire or something. I would use this constantly. maybe even using it for server ranks in the near future.

2. an online version of deepbot so its not pc intensive and so my head mod can use it with ease from anywhere. even if i have to host it on my own website i will do so. I just think a webpage would be more efficient.

3. Have a way for my mods i trust a lot to sign into my deepbot from their location without me having to use my actual password, maybe a token of sorts. this would prove very useful to me. maybe let the owner of the channel be able to disable some access to the mods.

4. have a way for me to set timed commands to different times on each one. so one can be set to 10mins and one can be set to 5 mins. unless im missing something that's already there.

5. have a command to allow people to one time add their birthday if they want to have points given to them when that date hits automatically and also notify the streamer of who's bday it is. Im very close to my stream community and this would be awesome.

thats just some of them.
Thanks for seeing them

TheElm

Re: 5 New features to be more efficient
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »

I am absolutely loving Deepbot. A couple things I've been suggesting to emrerocky what they said I should put on here are these...

1. Add a shop feature where people use points to purchase items you have for them to get. I do a ton of artwork and people always want art so if I can make some special ones available for points that would be great. Basically i would post a pic on imgur or my website siyliss.com that people see an item and a cost and a command to purchase it (preferably in the bots chat for spam sake) and then the bot sends the twitch account purchasing the item a PM with the download link I would have in like mediafire or something. I would use this constantly. maybe even using it for server ranks in the near future.

2. an online version of deepbot so its not pc intensive and so my head mod can use it with ease from anywhere. even if i have to host it on my own website i will do so. I just think a webpage would be more efficient.

3. Have a way for my mods i trust a lot to sign into my deepbot from their location without me having to use my actual password, maybe a token of sorts. this would prove very useful to me. maybe let the owner of the channel be able to disable some access to the mods.

4. have a way for me to set timed commands to different times on each one. so one can be set to 10mins and one can be set to 5 mins. unless im missing something that's already there.

5. have a command to allow people to one time add their birthday if they want to have points given to them when that date hits automatically and also notify the streamer of who's bday it is. Im very close to my stream community and this would be awesome.

thats just some of them.
Thanks for seeing them

I agree that deepbot could use some of these extra functions, but;

1. A shop would be amazing to incorporate, but seeing as how deepbot doesn't have any hosted services (and the program runs off of your computer) a shop is something difficult to create without using just simple chat commands; but then you also have to figure out how the person will get such artwork transferred to them securely. As there is no secure transfer method (if the artwork is just linked via the chat) everybody gets it, and you don't want that. I've already been creating my own website for my streams (once remote SQL support is added) that will allow users to do a lot of things with the currency, one of which is a store that I've set up where I can post spare game keys that users can bid for. The highest bidder after a certain date wins the bid. As you mention starting your own site for hosting deepbot, if you know much about coding and setting up a shop just urge for remote SQL support and go from there.

2. Deepbot is a pretty resource intensive service, if they were to host it for all of the people in similar ways like nightbot or moobot they would need some really high end servers. Deepbot has a lot more capabilities than the two services as it supplies with SQL tables and the functionalities that come with it. With large masses of users once all beta's end, a lot of SQL tables (at least one per user for currencies) can take up a lot of server side resources. With the amount of income deepbot is currently receiving just off of donations (just an assumption, not part of the team) wouldn't be enough to host servers capable of such. However, they may be able to create a paid service to do so. As deepbot also runs off an executable (exe) file running it off of a web host or VPN would be difficult, as you would need a windows server. If deepbot had a version for linux servers, it may be possible to just host it yourself off of a simple VPN

3. I don't really see why you would want your mods to be able to access your deepbot account; I'm figuring that deepbot is the sort of licensed program where when you buy the version they don't want you to be sharing it across multiple computers. That's sort of how piracy works; user buys a key, shares it with whoever so they can use it too. Unless deepbot has online databases backed up of information they need access too (which I would think are saved locally on your computer, so logging in wouldn't access them..) I don't think that deepbot will do this. I could be wrong. OR, if it is that you want them to be able to access your databases: Remote SQL support.

4. This could be helpful for commands. As far as my knowledge of the program goes, commands are all on one timer that then picks a random phrase to say.

5. Specifically having birthdays added as a feature sounds kind of pointless to add, unless something more 'universal' is added where you can just set a datatype to be added in general. So you could then go into 'Custom Data' => 'Command: !birthday' => 'Type: Date'. Then users could do "!command <input type>" or just "!command" to see the current value. Then this could be a really useful feature. Then you could do something similar like 'Custom Data' => 'Command: !name' => 'Type: Text'. Therefore allowing users to save names/birthdays/anything to their twitch-account row of data. Currently however, as aforementioned with me having my own website, birthdays are something users can set on the website and will be showed under the "today" section henceforth.

Definitely some good suggestion, Hopefully Deepbot themselves will have some feedback for you.  :)

UrzuS3V3N

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Urzu_S3V3N
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:31:58 AM »

3. I don't really see why you would want your mods to be able to access your deepbot account; I'm figuring that deepbot is the sort of licensed program where when you buy the version they don't want you to be sharing it across multiple computers. That's sort of how piracy works...

I think he means he wants to give mods the ability to control HIS bot on HIS stream to help him out when he is busy playing a game.

Kind of like now with the default Twitch dashboard, you can have editors to change the title of the stream and run commercials etc.

TheElm

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »

3. I don't really see why you would want your mods to be able to access your deepbot account; I'm figuring that deepbot is the sort of licensed program where when you buy the version they don't want you to be sharing it across multiple computers. That's sort of how piracy works...

I think he means he wants to give mods the ability to control HIS bot on HIS stream to help him out when he is busy playing a game.

Kind of like now with the default Twitch dashboard, you can have editors to change the title of the stream and run commercials etc.

I don't think that would be the case, as there are already !updatetitle and !updategame commands, the only others to add would be to run commercials.

However, with taking that idea and running with it (and the problem of computer resources being taken up) it may also be that somebody else is hosting the bot on their computer to save streaming resources, and not wanting to give out the account password.

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »

thats just some of them.
Thanks for seeing them

I agree that deepbot could use some of these extra functions, but;

1. A shop would be amazing to incorporate, but seeing as how deepbot doesn't have any hosted services (and the program runs off of your computer) a shop is something difficult to create without using just simple chat commands; but then you also have to figure out how the person will get such artwork transferred to them securely. As there is no secure transfer method (if the artwork is just linked via the chat) everybody gets it, and you don't want that. I've already been creating my own website for my streams (once remote SQL support is added) that will allow users to do a lot of things with the currency, one of which is a store that I've set up where I can post spare game keys that users can bid for. The highest bidder after a certain date wins the bid. As you mention starting your own site for hosting deepbot, if you know much about coding and setting up a shop just urge for remote SQL support and go from there.

2. Deepbot is a pretty resource intensive service, if they were to host it for all of the people in similar ways like nightbot or moobot they would need some really high end servers. Deepbot has a lot more capabilities than the two services as it supplies with SQL tables and the functionalities that come with it. With large masses of users once all beta's end, a lot of SQL tables (at least one per user for currencies) can take up a lot of server side resources. With the amount of income deepbot is currently receiving just off of donations (just an assumption, not part of the team) wouldn't be enough to host servers capable of such. However, they may be able to create a paid service to do so. As deepbot also runs off an executable (exe) file running it off of a web host or VPN would be difficult, as you would need a windows server. If deepbot had a version for linux servers, it may be possible to just host it yourself off of a simple VPN

3. I don't really see why you would want your mods to be able to access your deepbot account; I'm figuring that deepbot is the sort of licensed program where when you buy the version they don't want you to be sharing it across multiple computers. That's sort of how piracy works; user buys a key, shares it with whoever so they can use it too. Unless deepbot has online databases backed up of information they need access too (which I would think are saved locally on your computer, so logging in wouldn't access them..) I don't think that deepbot will do this. I could be wrong. OR, if it is that you want them to be able to access your databases: Remote SQL support.

4. This could be helpful for commands. As far as my knowledge of the program goes, commands are all on one timer that then picks a random phrase to say.

5. Specifically having birthdays added as a feature sounds kind of pointless to add, unless something more 'universal' is added where you can just set a datatype to be added in general. So you could then go into 'Custom Data' => 'Command: !birthday' => 'Type: Date'. Then users could do "!command <input type>" or just "!command" to see the current value. Then this could be a really useful feature. Then you could do something similar like 'Custom Data' => 'Command: !name' => 'Type: Text'. Therefore allowing users to save names/birthdays/anything to their twitch-account row of data. Currently however, as aforementioned with me having my own website, birthdays are something users can set on the website and will be showed under the "today" section henceforth.

Definitely some good suggestion, Hopefully Deepbot themselves will have some feedback for you.  :)

I've been talking with him, and what he means by shop is a text based shop in his bot's channel.  Users can go on his website, see a package with a command, they copy the command, go to bot chat, enter it, and that either takes points and sends the person that bought it the item, or says you need more points.

-emrerocky

zordbasecommander

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: zordbasecommander
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »
Also another good feature to add to the shop would be to be able to have person greetings when someone enters the room and make it cost them points.

also people can add custom commands for points

and what these guys said also would be awesome