Author Topic: Feature Request: External access to user database / API  (Read 1509 times)

KatyHearthstone

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: djkaty
Feature Request: External access to user database / API
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
I would like to write some external code (some game-specific stuff to do with Hearthstone) which can get a list of users known to DeepBot and edit their points totals etc. Is there any mechanism to access DeepBot's database externally? If not, I would like to see this as the bot is not currently extensible as it stands.

Thanks!

Katy.

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
Re: Feature Request: External access to user database / API
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 04:04:26 PM »
As I develop the features further, the internal API structure and authentication mechanism is constantly changing.
Providing public access at this point in time would either create  a lot of frustration as developers will need to continuously patch their applications for changes, or would slow down the development process as I would not be able to optimize database tables/structures freely if I have to support multiple versions in a backward compatible manner.

I plan on being able to reach a somewhat stable API base in a few months, however my IRL work has been keeping me very busy with only limited time on the weekends to further all the development efforts across active feature sets.

tl;dr - This is not available now, but will be in the future.

KatyHearthstone

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: djkaty
Re: Feature Request: External access to user database / API
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »
Understood (Y)