Author Topic: Chat CSS Explanation?  (Read 2550 times)

VibeRaider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: VibeRaiderLP
Chat CSS Explanation?
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »
Ok so I see the CLR Browser for Chat overlay has a TON of CSS now... Is there by chance a guide, or can someone explain to me how to go about adding/modifying that? (I have no issues working w/ Follower/Donation CLR stuff, and the last small CSS for it I kind of was able to work w/. But I am just lost in this thing.)

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
Re: Chat CSS Explanation?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:44 AM »
That is if you are a VERY advanced user.  You can use the chat link without modifying the CSS and it will look perfect, it isn't like the Follow/Donation one where you must change it for your channel, just enable it in the bot.  If you don't like the color, sizing, etc. of it, you can post what you want it to be in the custom notifications section, and then we can modify the CSS for you.  In short, you can just leave the CSS to have a nice looking chat. :)

classyassgamers

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: classyassgamers
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
I would like the css of the chat to use pricedown font with a stroke around the edge. Is that possible?

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »
Attached below is the code, however it does not look that good on a small size.

Code: [Select]
.message {
    font-family: 'Pricedown';
    font-size: 18px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-variant: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #FFF;
}
@font-face {
  font-family: 'Pricedown';
  src: url('http://www.fontsaddict.com/fontface/pricedown.ttf');
}

VibeRaider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: VibeRaiderLP
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
That is if you are a VERY advanced user.  You can use the chat link without modifying the CSS and it will look perfect, it isn't like the Follow/Donation one where you must change it for your channel, just enable it in the bot.  If you don't like the color, sizing, etc. of it, you can post what you want it to be in the custom notifications section, and then we can modify the CSS for you.  In short, you can just leave the CSS to have a nice looking chat. :)

Awesome. I will get my shovel out and dig into it a bit more. I guess my first question is: should this CSS replace everything in the OBS CSS window or should I paste it below the last default line, like I have done w/ the other CSS stuff? Second question, it looks like it may be possible for us to make our own icons in place of the default stuff(Like VIP Bronze and such), am I mistaken or can we change that w/ that CSS?

Huge thanks for this support, really REALLY nice to get support with this stuff where my experience is that people don't want to really support products well anymore.