Author Topic: F.A.Q. | Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 56279 times)

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
F.A.Q. | Frequently Asked Questions
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
*A list of F.A.Q. compiled into one list. (Last Update: 8/22)*

*Before you post a question, try running the bot as an administrator. Most common errors can be fixed by doing so. Arctomian made a YouTube playlist that goes in-depth on DeepBot. It can be found here.*

If you are looking for commands, custom commands, info on mini-games, etc., check the Wiki. There are also informational videos on DeepBot which can be found  here.

Questions are labeled alphabetically under each section.

General Questions

Bot/Stream Name Change

Question: Can I update my bot/stream name for DeepBot?

Answer: If you're changing the bot's name, follow this guide: Changing Bot's Name Guide

If you are changing your stream name, you must post in in the Help/Support section of the forums using this format:

Code: [Select]
Current Stream Name:
Current Bot Name:

New Stream Name:
New Bot Name:

Can't Connect/Closed Beta Login Error

Question: I get the login error: "DeepBot is currently in closed beta. Your stream currently does not have access to the closed beta please apply." Or "Something went wrong while connecting to Twitch, please try agan later."

Answer: Here are some solutions:
  • Twitch's servers could be having some problems. Please wait for a while and then try again.
  • Run Deepbot as an Administrator - There could be something preventing DeepBot from running all its necessary functions. This also solves problems when DeepBot is in the program files.
  • Change the server/port DeepBot uses to connect to the Twitch server.
  • Re-enter the OAuth Password for both streamer and bot logins and confirm you have the correct login information for each.
  • Adding DeepBot as an exception in Windows Firewall/Anti-Virus - I find that even with Windows Firewall disabled I still need to add it as an exception to make it work.
  • Port Forwarding - It could be the case that it isn't anything on your PC that is causing the problem, it could be your router. Even when the connection is wired, the router could still be extremely strict as to what ports it allows to be used. You can see if this is the problem by putting your computer in the DMZ zone. This zone basically makes all your ports open to that one specific computer. It is not recommended you leave your computer in this zone for too long as it is strictly only for testing purposes. How you do this depends on what router you have.

Can't Save Master Settings

Question: I keep getting the error "Rank 2 Needs to be higher than Rank 1" when trying to save my settings. How do I fix this?

Answer: In Master Settings, you will see some tabs on the left side. Find the one labeled User Ranks, then hit Load Default on the right side. You will now be able to save your settings.

Mac and DeepBot

Question: Does DeepBot work on Mac?

Answer: No, DeepBot is currently not supported on Mac.

Run DeepBot on Two PCs or Two DeepBot Programs in the Same Stream

Question: Can I run DeepBot on more than one PC at the same time? Or can I run two DeepBot programs in the same stream?

Answer: No, you can't do this as it causes problems. And no you can't have two DeepBot programs in the same stream.

Whisper System

Question: How do I enable the whisper system?

Answer: Config Tab > Gear (Upper Right Corner) > Misc Settings. Check the box labeled "Enable Whisper Interaction". (If you want points to only be checked by whispers, go to Point Options and check the box labeled "Only allowed points to be checked on bot chat". Viewers will then have to whisper the bot like this: /w <YourBotNameHere> !<YourPointsNameHere> )

Mini-Games

Bank Heist Mini-Game Not Working

Question: Why isn't the Bank Heist mini-game working?

Answer: There are a few solutions for most of the problems as to why Bank Heist might not be working for you:
  • If you're using a custom config and it defaults to the original game config, then your VIP membership expired.
  • If entering !bankheist and the game doesn't start, then you forgot to put how many points you want to wager. Example: !bankheist 100

Music

Two Computer DeepBot Setup

Question: I have two computers: one is a low end computer and the other is my streaming/gaming computer. The low end computer runs DeepBot 24/7, so that viewers can check their points, do bank heists, etc.. I use my gaming machine to stream, but can't take advantage of DeepBot's follower/donation notifications on my stream since the bot needs to run from my main computer. Is there any way to make it so I can get notifications/music on my main machine while DeepBot runs on another?

Answer: Yes, I made a guide here: Here

OBS Text Files

Question: Can I get now playing, latest follower, etc. on my stream?

Answer: Yes. First, add a text source in OBS, and in the properties of the text source, select use text from file. Then navigate to your DeepBot Folder>OBS>Choose what you need.

Notifications

Custom Donation/Follower/Sub Notifications

Question: I want custom donation/follower/sub notifications. How can I do this?

Answer: If you want to do it yourself, there are a few guides out there. Some video guides (29 and 30) here. Written guide on the Wiki. If you are using xSplit, here is the guide for that. If you need CSS code done for the notifications, use this thread as a reference and post on that thread or in the Custom Notification area of forums.

Custom Join Messages

Question: How do you add custom join messages to your viewers?

Answer: Go to the User Database tab on DeepBot, right click a user, click Edit User, and enter the custom join message in the labeled box. You can also do it through your Twitch chat using this format: !usermsg add <user> <message>. (Commands can be found here: Here) Please not that this is a VIP only feature. See more details on VIP here: Here.

Donations Notifications aren't showing up

Question: I am receiving donations, but my donation notifications aren't popping up. What is wrong?

Answer: It can be one of few things.

Notifications Not Working

Question: My OBS chat/notifications aren't working. What is going on?

Answer: A few solutions:

Common Point Problems

Question: I can't check points in chat or viewers aren't gaining points.

Answer: Make sure your Timer Config is filled out correctly. (Example: Here) If all that is correct, click the gear in the upper right-hand corner of the Config tab in DeepBot. Make sure only issue points to viewers active in chat with the last x mins is unchecked (Image: Here). If you want to use it, make sure you set a value greater then 0. Default is 30 mins. This option means that users that type something in chat within the last x mins will receive points from the timer.

Make sure "Only check points in bot chat" is unchecked. Go to Config Tab>Gear (Upper Right Corner)>Point Options>Second Box

Rank/VIP System

Edit Ranks

Question Can you edit the rank system?

Answer: Yes. Go to the Config Tab, click Master Settings, then navigate to the Ranks tab. Note: This is a VIP-only feature. See more details on VIP here: Here.

VIP Point Multiplier for Mods

Question Let's say a mod has VIP Bronze/Silver/Gold. Does the point multiplier stack?

Answer: No, it automatically uses the higher multiplier. So, if Mods have a 1.5 multiplier and VIP Gold has 2.0, it will use the VIP Gold multiplier.

*Have a Q&A that might be helpful to others? Feel free to post one and I will add it to the list.*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:57:18 AM by Nazo »
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
Re: General/Advance Questions and Answers | Custom Bot Command Tricks/Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:41:46 PM »
Amazing thread.  Thank you very much!!  The only thing is that the song request one wouldn't work because DeepBot would see that the person running the command, if its a regular viewer, doesn't have mod level 2 and thus cannot remove points from people.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
Re: General/Advance Questions and Answers | Custom Bot Command Tricks/Tips
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:20 AM »
Ahh ya. I forgot to try it on a non-mod account. Thanks Emreocky.

Edit: I can't seem to edit my original post now. o.o Looks like you can only edit a post once.

Need help ASAP?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
Re: F.A.Q. | Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »
Added a few more FAQs

Need help ASAP?

BazookaShot

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BazookaShot
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:18:03 AM »
Hello,

my deepbot is not working anymore. i dont know why. please give me a link where i can send you pictures of my problem. it is to hard to describe... i will send my problem via e-mail

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 02:08:02 AM »
Hello,

my deepbot is not working anymore. i dont know why. please give me a link where i can send you pictures of my problem. it is to hard to describe... i will send my problem via e-mail

Why not just upload them to a pic website or even on here by adding attachments?

Need help ASAP?

spiri2g

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Spiri2g
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:26 AM »
ive already donated the $10 and submitted an application, how will i know when im able to start using deep bot?

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
ive already donated the $10 and submitted an application, how will i know when im able to start using deep bot?

It can take 24-48 hrs from the time you posted your application for it to be processed.

tomx17

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Tomx17
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to bring over the points from a previous bot (ahnkbot) over to this bot?

2. Is it possible to edit the amount of hours your viewers have been in the channel?

If these are possible, can you please explain how? Thank you so much.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to bring over the points from a previous bot (ahnkbot) over to this bot?

2. Is it possible to edit the amount of hours your viewers have been in the channel?

If these are possible, can you please explain how? Thank you so much.

1. Yes. You would just email experts: deepbot@deep.sg

2. Currently, no.

Need help ASAP?

tomx17

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Tomx17
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Thanks man!

any idea how soon they will get the function to be able to edit hours?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »
Thanks man!

any idea how soon they will get the function to be able to edit hours?

Your welcome.

And I don't know. Since right now the website is the major project atm.

Need help ASAP?

iMoogle

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: iMoogle
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

Question Let's say a mod has VIP Gold/Silver/Bronze, does the point multiplier stack or even go with the higher point multiplier?

Answer: No, it goes with the higher rank, Mod is a higher rank then VIP Gold. Therefore the Mod will only take whatever you point in the Point Multiplier for them.

Can we possibly get this switched around? I like to award donors VIP status, which includes my mods. I still award my mods 1.2x while my VIPs get 2.0x. I don't think it's fair if half my mods donate and the others don't, yet both sides still earn the same about of points.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 04:45:46 AM »

Question Let's say a mod has VIP Gold/Silver/Bronze, does the point multiplier stack or even go with the higher point multiplier?

Answer: No, it goes with the higher rank, Mod is a higher rank then VIP Gold. Therefore the Mod will only take whatever you point in the Point Multiplier for them.

Can we possibly get this switched around? I like to award donors VIP status, which includes my mods. I still award my mods 1.2x while my VIPs get 2.0x. I don't think it's fair if half my mods donate and the others don't, yet both sides still earn the same about of points.

I believe it has been requested.

Need help ASAP?

BayHyde

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BolumSonuCanavari
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »
Hello everyone! I am sorry if this question is too dumb but i watched DeepBot Part 1 - Install&Setup, then i saw that i have to download user.bin. But given link in the video doesnt work. Where can i download it.