Author Topic: Onscreen notification for new subs not showing in stream  (Read 2204 times)

V3n0mTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: v3n0mtv
Onscreen notification for new subs not showing in stream
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »
I just saw the new changelog and noticed the cool onscreen-notification feature. While testing it, the viewers told me, that they can't see it on the stream. For some reason, it only shows on my screen, but it won't show up either in the preview or the actual stream.

Maybe any wrong settings from my side?

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Onscreen notification for new subs not showing in stream
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
Unfortunately with current OBS functionality, this will only work if you are using monitor capture in OBS to capture a section of your monitor.
Once you have done that, you can tweak the X and Y co-ordinates in the Notification setting panel and use the preview button to position the notification where you want to see it on screen.

If you still have difficulty setting this up, let me know and I can drop by and perhaps walk you through it.

Regards,
Experts

V3n0mTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: v3n0mtv
Re: Onscreen notification for new subs not showing in stream
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
I know what you are explaining. The problem is that you can't even see the credit card in the preview.

I can see it by my own while I'm sitting in front of my computer. But OBS doesn't capture it. It's the same problem like in Uplay.
Some overlays - and I guess it has sth to do with the Windows Aero change - doesn't work with those color settings.

Don't know how to explain...

Here is a picture...

http://www.abload.de/img/exampleetsg2.jpg

I tried it with monitor capturing on special coordinates. But it also not works. But of course, if OBS and Xsplit are not able to "see" them

Best regards :)