Author Topic: Some questions regarding the music tab and playlists.  (Read 1361 times)

StickyHamster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: stickyhamster
Some questions regarding the music tab and playlists.
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:38:32 AM »
I love the functionality of being able to play music from YouTube but at the same time I'm concerned with
"getting in trouble with Twitch," because I want to eventually one day become a Twitch Partner and I don't
know what is legal or not to stream.  So what is allowed??

Also, does anyone know where I can (of course get allowed) get playlists that I could merge into deepbot?
(i.e. certain genres of music)...

I would also LOVE to be able to put a whole bunch of Wierd AL songs into my playlist for my viewers to choose...but
once again only if I won't get in trouble.

Trouble=anything that could ever possibly stand in the way of me getting partnered.

Many thanks for any help and so far I totally love this bot.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Some questions regarding the music tab and playlists.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:10:03 AM »
You can check out Monstercat, all their music won't get you in trouble. Their Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia

I use them all the time. As for Wierd Al, I am not sure about his songs, believe you would have to get legal permission for his songs.

Also, I think it is only in past streams you would get penalized. So all I would do is either record local streams or just delete past broadcasts with muted sound on it.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

WickedSarah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: WickedSarah
Re: Some questions regarding the music tab and playlists.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »
There are partnered streamers that play copyrighted music on stream. As it is right now, the only thing that will happen is that your saved broadcast or VOD of your stream will be muted in parts where it detects copyright.

Your live stream will be fine and you won't get in trouble. If you need an example or proof, Gothalian is a popular twitch partner that has 5k viewers most of the time and he constantly has music going that is both popular and copyrighted.

I've also had friends having song requests for their viewers playing copyrighted music and they have gotten partner while doing so. So, no, I dont think you'll get in trouble or hurt your partner chances but if you're that worried, check out Monstercat as RepentGamingTV suggested.

Hope this helps :)