Author Topic: Variable for Custom User Info Tabs  (Read 3122 times)

bod699

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: bod699
Variable for Custom User Info Tabs
« on: August 22, 2015, 12:16:14 PM »
Since the user info lines were added for us to have custom user variables I have been using them for users to store there in game names for a couple different games so I can match twitch names to players.

I would like to have a command that a user can run where by it outputs the information they store. As an example If I set Info 1 Name set to Steam Account with the command !steam for Info 1 Command when a user enteres "!steam handle" it stores there steam name under there own User Settings. If I edit a user I can see there Steam Handle in the username but I dont believe there is any custom variables to be able to read this information.

Is there a variable for this that I have missed? Ideally I want to use it so when a user joins me in a game he types the command and my bot will whisper his in game name. However without the custom variable this isnt possible.

The info tabs I am referring to were added to the bot back in April, changelog line as follows.

* Added three info sections for users to be able to save custom info (e.g. steam id's, LoL id's etc)

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Variable for Custom User Info Tabs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:12:51 PM »
So you want @custom@ variables to grab these for each user? Like @info@[1] @info@[2], etc.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

bod699

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 12:22:40 AM »
I am guessing as those custom info tabs are only viewable via the bot interface that they were intended to store more private information which I get.

However what you suggest is exactly what I would like to see.

For one of my main games I have people ask in chat for an invite, I use those info tabs to store in game name and have to ask them to either type there name each time chat or tab to the bot to check. With this functionality the user can just type "!invite" and the bot will output in chat the name stored.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:20:01 AM »
I am guessing as those custom info tabs are only viewable via the bot interface that they were intended to store more private information which I get.

However what you suggest is exactly what I would like to see.

For one of my main games I have people ask in chat for an invite, I use those info tabs to store in game name and have to ask them to either type there name each time chat or tab to the bot to check. With this functionality the user can just type "!invite" and the bot will output in chat the name stored.

So basically the viewer types !invite steam or !invite lol, and it could say in chat or whisper you "Invite xxxxxx". Like that?

Need help ASAP?

bod699

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:08:44 AM »
Setting the command up is the easy part, having a variable for the Info section is what is currently missing. If there WAS a variable for those info tabs in the example I gave I would change the !invite command I currently have so that a user just types "!invite" and it replies in chat with there stored username. Currently users have to type "!invite username" each time and people often forget.

At the end of the day, what purpose do the 3 custom information lines have when they arent accessible anywhere other than right clicking a user in the User Database and selecting Edit User. Not practical to do that while streaming.

Any change of variables being added for those fields?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
So custom variables to grab the info from the database, should be easy. However for now, I would make the command like so:

And it would display like so:

Need help ASAP?

bod699

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »
That would definitely work as a temporary measure, can add customisation once it becomes a custom variable in the future :)

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 09:51:26 AM »
Ya, added to suggestions anyways.

Need help ASAP?