Author Topic: Deep Bot Already running  (Read 5401 times)

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: wedgehog95
Deep Bot Already running
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:01:35 AM »
Whenever I try to launch DeepBot, it comes up with the notification 'DeepBot already running,' yet there is only one instance in task manager. I have tried reinstalling the program several times and clearing out the program files but it hasn't helped. Anyone else had this problem or know a solution? Running Windows 10 64 bit.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Deep Bot Already running
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
Restart your PC.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
It has been like this for a number of days now. Restarts do not help

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:33:39 AM »
Do you have Deepbot added to list of startup processes?

Have you tried force closing the deepbot application in the task manager?

If those do not work, try to do a SMART analysis on their hard drive. Similar problem happened to another user and their HDD was dying. It is recommended to backup your hard drive As soon as possible if that is the case.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:41:30 AM by RepentGamingTV »
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:05 AM »
It's not a disk issue, I tried it on my C drive and my E drive and there was no change in result. As for killing the process in task manager, there is no deepbot application running until I launch it and I instantly get that message. The software is not set to launch on system startup either.

I also rolled back to a version from the end of 2015 and I still get the same result.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:20:37 AM by Wedgehog »

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 03:39:43 AM »
I know this may sound stupid but did you try to force kill the process from the "Details" tab? Apparently that's the tab which was Processes in Windows 7. See if DeepBot.exe is listed in there and try to force kill the process there. See what it pulls out. If it says "access denied" it's a windows permission error (Which was a similar problem to someone I teamviewered into but that problem was a symptom of a much more disastrous hard drive dying. As your S.M.A.R.T. analysis came back green I assume that hopefully isn't an issue)
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:41:23 AM »
You're right, it's running in the details tab and marked as suspended. Can't kill it either. Any advice what to do next?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »
OK, there are a few things you can check out considering you're on Windows 10 and it appears to survive reboots.

Check to see if Deepbot is listed in background apps

As you mentioned that the Deepbot process is in a "suspended" state it could be possible that it was added to the background apps list somehow either automatically by Windows due to the amount you use Deepbot or by you accidentally. Any applications that are added to this list are run on startup in a suspended state (I believe) until they are needed. This in theory allows for quicker startup of programs as they are already in memory. In the case of Deepbot as the application checks to see if another instance of it already exists this won't quite work as intended due to the blocking nature of this check. You can find this list by going;
  • Start Menu -> Settings -> Privacy -> Background Apps

If Deepbot is mentioned in this list flick the switch to off and restart your PC. This should then make the process disappear.

Try a different Task Manager

Although the Task Manager is great for basic day to day stuff sometimes something with more brute force is required to get the job done. Luckily Microsoft released another task manager which is more for the power user. This version of Task Manager, Process Explorer, can be found here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Download the program above, unzip the folder and run "procexp.exe" as an administrator. You should get a similar window to the following image.

Order it by Process name and search for Deepbot.exe. When you right click you will get a similar menu to what you'd get on the normal Task Manager but also a couple of other options as well, namely "Restart" and "suspend".

From here we have a couple of options. You could try pressing "Restart". This will kill the process and then attempt to start the program back up. Due to the process already being suspended the suspend option could be "Resume" instead. If this is the case try pressing this instead and it should, in theory, start the program back up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:58:00 PM by Dante557 »
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:52:31 AM »
Cheers for the help, got it working again. Much appreciated!

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:20 AM »
Out of curiosity, What got it working again? Just so we know in the future

Wedgehog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 02:51:36 AM »
Restarting my PC then launching as administrator on the desktop seems to work,

BUT

If I try to launch it by clicking the icon pinned to my taskbar, I get the 'already running error.' I checked my background apps and DeepBot is not in there and Processes explorer can't kill the application either. I get an Access is Denied error when I try to kill it, restart it or resume the process. I was running Process Explorer as administrator at the time as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:58:24 AM by Wedgehog »

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 03:00:49 AM »
Make sure when you close DeepBot you are pressing the X and not the dot.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 03:20:03 AM »
Does sound like a windows permission error to me. I assume the following is the same on Windows 10 as it is on Windows 7. This can happen when something is installed at the root of the C drive (like Deepbot). Due to Deepbot not making use of the %APPDATA% folder when saving files it can cause problems sometimes with locking files and losing permissions. Next step would be having a look at the permissions for Deepbot. Honestly I would recommend moving the Deepbot folder to somewhere like "My Documents" to prevent those problems from happening

Find the folder where you installed Deepbot -> Right click -> Properties -> Security

Make sure the permissions look similar to these.