Author Topic: Fix for Chat Not Connecting/Working  (Read 6295 times)

jwhite8559

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: jwhite8559
Fix for Chat Not Connecting/Working
« on: March 23, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
Hi guys so I see a lot of people asking about chat not connecting to the bot or streamer chat so I thought I would make a post about it.

To fix this problem if you are on the irc.twitch.tv Server then change to one of the 192 servers and on port 443.
After this then redo your Oauth Logins on your Bot and Streamer Login respectively.
Problem solved if this does not work then you may need to reinstall the bot and just save your Data folder that is within your Deepbot folder.

You can find these settings on your config tab.

Also you may need to try this link to test and see if you are on the new servers.
http://tmi.twitch.tv/servers?channel=YOUR_CHANNEL_HERE

If you have been migrated to the new AWS twitch server you will need to try the irc.chat.twitch.tv on port 443
and also as a secondary measure redo your Oauth Logins on your Bot and Streamer Login respectively.

Also you may not be able to chat on the streamer chat at all until the streamer chat gets migrated to the new servers as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:20:24 AM by Nazo »
***Deepbot Support***

jwhite8559

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Chat not Connecting Fix
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
Correction now that the servers have switched over to the new servers you may need to try port 6667 instead of 443 cause it seems that 443 is broken for right now.
***Deepbot Support***

grizlynator

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: grizlynator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »
Correction now that the servers have switched over to the new servers you may need to try port 6667 instead of 443 cause it seems that 443 is broken for right now.

can som1 help me out via my stream or pm i dont understand it,i cant remove that oauth thing thx

grizlynator

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: grizlynator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »
ok guys,i did deepbot update and it works again,thx

lyliasylmeria

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: lyliasylmeria
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
I've tried all of this, but it still gives me the error, or doesn't connect me at all. On both 443 and 6667. :(

Mitch

• Master
  • Took me 20 minutes to change this...
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Mitch619911
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 12:41:36 AM »
I've tried all of this, but it still gives me the error, or doesn't connect me at all. On both 443 and 6667. :(

Tried to redo oauth, are you sure your up-to-date?
Screenshots?
Running as admin?
:)

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 03:53:20 AM »
I recommend using irc.chat.twitch.tv port 6667. Some say port 443 works for them. Once you connected, go to the chat tab and try chatting, if nothing pops up or you cannot see your messages, hit disconnect on the config tab. You may need to disconnect and reconnect a few times to get it to work. Make sure you are also running the bot as admin (Basically you right click deepbot Icon > Run As admin).
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Pure_Dreaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Pure_Dreaming
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
My bot is updated, my channel has been switched to AWS and i switch my server to irc.chat.twitch.tv and my port to 443, it doesnt work, the points dont show up and my viewers arent getting hours it says it connected but it doesnt do anything. Ive updated my Oauth and all. So i try doing port 6667 instead and it wont connect me at all. It says "Connecting.." but then after a minute or two it says it failed connecting to twitch. Ive tried checking for updates, i have them all. I even run it as admin, still doesnt work. Multiple times ive updated my Oauth. Please help! Thanks!

jwhite8559

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »
Redoing the Oauth on the config tab and changing to the irc.chat.twitch.tv server and port 6667 should work also you may have to disconnect and reconnect a few times to get it to work. Also as another step you can go to your twitch settings and deauthorize the bot deauthorize both of them and redo oauth logins then. If none of this works then you may have to reinstall.
Just remember if you do reinstall to save your data folder that is within your deepbot folder to save all your points and commands
***Deepbot Support***

MindscapeTMFL

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: MindscapeTMFL
Re: Fix for Chat Not Connecting/Working
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
What happens when it appears I have no option to switch... I can do 80 or 6667 and there is no option to change server on my deep bot. I may be retarded help and look at attachment

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
What happens when it appears I have no option to switch... I can do 80 or 6667 and there is no option to change server on my deep bot. I may be retarded help and look at attachment

In the newest update the server is automatically selected as there's only 1 you can use.

TokiTeeHD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TokiTeeHD
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 09:06:16 PM »
I am having this issue, and I cant chat on either Streamer chat or my stream chat, and for some reason music isnt playing either. Ideas?

w1ckedrage

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: w1ckedrage
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
I am also having this issue. I cannot connect to the chat or streamer chat and I've redone the OAuth passwords for both streamer and bot.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 06:12:54 AM »
I am having this issue, and I cant chat on either Streamer chat or my stream chat, and for some reason music isnt playing either. Ideas?

Running as admin? Does an error pop up when connecting? Redid OAuth Logins? Maybe an anti-virus or firewall is blocking?

I am also having this issue. I cannot connect to the chat or streamer chat and I've redone the OAuth passwords for both streamer and bot.

Running as admin? Does an error pop up when connecting? Maybe an anti-virus or firewall is blocking?
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport