Author Topic: Trouble whispering to @target@ in Command Message  (Read 1397 times)

TalonBytes

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TalonBytes
Trouble whispering to @target@ in Command Message
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »
I've created a command !pause. This command is chained to another command !timeout and passes it @target@ and 300. When I use !pause the user targeted get's timed out in my twitch chat for 5min.

I wanted to add a whisper to let the target of !pause know they aren't in real trouble. So, I made !pause's message "/w @target@ You've been put on pause by a mod. (Not a bad thing) Please wait for the mod to contact you in whispers."

Instead of whispering the target user, my bot is whispering to my caster account everything in !pause's message field. ie. [/w @target@ You've been put on pause by a mod. (Not a bad thing) Please wait for the mod to contact you in whispers]

Considering that I made a test command !whisper whose message is "/w @target@ You've been whispered to." which works correctly, it leads me to believe there is something happening in the chaining that is messing this up.

Command: !pause
Code: [Select]
Message: /w @target@ You've been put on pause by a mod. (Not a bad thing) Please wait for the mod to contact you in whispers.
Access Control: 8. Mod Only
Command Chaining, Command: !timeout @target@ 300

Command: !timeout
Access Control: 8. Mod Only

Test Command !whisper

KennyGString

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: KennyGString
Re: Trouble whispering to @target@ in Command Message
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »
Try putting @target@ before the /w. From what I've seen it doesn't work properly if you put a @target@ after the whisper.

TalonBytes

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TalonBytes
Re: Trouble whispering to @target@ in Command Message
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:21:44 AM »
That unfortunately didn't work, but thanks for the response!

Turns out whatever was broken is now fixed magically and the command is functional as written. Woohoo!