Author Topic: VIP Modification/ Rank Up Issue  (Read 1193 times)

Missflynn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Miss_Flynn
VIP Modification/ Rank Up Issue
« on: July 25, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
I have created a command for 'normal users' to be able to 'rank up' to VIP Bronze for a small point fee and earn extra privileges. The command itself works just fine. A normal user can input the command, be granted VIP bronze (and all that it entails) for 30 days and have the appropriate amount of points deducted. I do not want to grant them any 'ranking up' beyond bronze so I have left those areas blank (If bronze Move to...etc). Unfortunately if they input the command again after becoming bronze instead of denying the request and them receiving the 'access denied' message (or just receiving no response), they see: Congratulations, @user@ you just ranked up from VIP Bronze and have become more powerful! Your new rank cost 0 points and will expire in 30 days." Nothing changes but it could become spammy.

I feel that to avoid this there would either need to be an option access control to only be set to 'normal users' so that bronze users (or higher) wouldn't be able to use the command...or for there to be an option to set 'none' in the 'move to' section. Is there any way to avoid this problem with spammy messages/ higher VIP using this command in the current state?

I have included a screenshot of my current settings.

Thanks Deepbot pros!

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: VIP Modification/ Rank Up Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »
Probably use 2 commands, and chain the command you made to the first one, which would use @if@[@viprank@||VIP Bronze||Sorry, you are already VIP Bronze.||!command2]
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport