Author Topic: Return Text when Entering A Mini Game  (Read 1678 times)

mBlakew

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: mBlakew
Return Text when Entering A Mini Game
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:19:23 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if there an option or workaround for getting DeepBot to say something back to viewers who enter mini games / a bet.

I know it returns text when someone initiates a mini game, but to my knowledge it doesn't do anything when you enter the mini game as someone who did not initiate it.

User1: !bankheist 100
Bot: User1 is starting a Heist.
User2: !bankheist 100 (I forget if it's that or !join 100)
Bot: User2 has joined the heist.

Without the return text a lot of my viewers are confused because they don't know if the bot recognized their command to join the heist. This also goes for betting and arena.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Return Text when Entering A Mini Game
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »
Unfortunately to my knowledge there isn't a way currently for the bot to respond whenever a chatter enters a heist. I believe this is to reduce the amount of spam the bot could potentially spew out.

As a current work around if the chatter has entered the heist and they are unsure if it has entered them in, they could check their points. If they are successfully entered in there will be a set of brackets after their current total containing the amount of points they currently have in a minigame (This includes Arena). For example

Dante557: !bankheist 100
Dante557Bot: dante557 has started planning a bank heist! Looking for a bigger crew for a bigger score. Join in! Type !bankheist <x> to enter.
Dante557: !points
Dante557Bot: Points : dante557 [Corporal - Star 1] - 1,164 (100)

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

mBlakew

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: mBlakew
Re: Return Text when Entering A Mini Game
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:12 AM »
I could see bot spam being a potential issue.

The only work around for the bot that I can think of off the top of my head is having the bot queue up a response like it does when people check their currency amount.

User1:!currency
User2:!currency
User3:!currency
Bot:User 1 100, User 2 100, User 3 100. <-- this would show User has entered heist with X (or something).

So in this way when multiple people enter the bank heist it has a 30second cooldown then returns the command with everyone who has entered the heist.

What do you think about a function like that?