Author Topic: Offline donation  (Read 1646 times)

Rush

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Offline donation
« on: June 16, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »
Question... where does the donation log save to? I use X-split and there is a way to link the donation text, but I can't seem to find it.  A donation came in while I was offline today and showed up in PayPal, but DeepBot wasn't running at the time.  Does that mean it didn't catch it, or if it did how could I find it?  ???

Thanks,
Rush

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Offline donation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Yeah, I believe that means Deepbot didn't catch the donation. Deepbot doesn't have direct access to your Paypal account so any donation made during this downtime wouldn't have been caught by your computer. When a user makes a donation Paypal and the donation page communicate with each other meaning when the user completes the donation information then gets sent back to donation page which then sends information to your Deepbot, causing the donation notification to happen.

I have a feeling in the future this could potentially be a thing even when Deepbot isn't running but don't quote me on that, I'm just speculating how it would be possible to save the donation log server side.

At this current time though, Sorry,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556