Author Topic: Point accumulation in a busy channel  (Read 1370 times)

m3rls

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: m3rls
Point accumulation in a busy channel
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »
Hi,

Firstly, I'm not part of the Deep Bot beta or a broadcaster, I'm just a viewer in a channel that uses it (twitch.tv/swifty).  It's a fairly busy channel (1,000 - 3,000 viewers, and it stays running 24/7), and it looks like there's either an issue with Twitch's chat servers, or Deep Bot, or a combination of the two.  I don't know if it's affecting other viewers, but several times now I've noticed that points have stopped being allocated to me after idling in chat for a few hours.  Doing a quick browser refresh doesn't fix it, but if I leave for a few minutes and then come back it starts working again.  I guess this is maybe because of the way Twitch caches joins and parts, and a browser refresh doesn't show up?

Unfortunately because I'm not running the program I can't really see what's happening, but I've noticed it happen a couple of times and tested it as best I can, and I was stuck at the same points number for over 12 hours at one stage.  Leaving for a few minutes and rejoining fixed it immediately. 

The channel is configured to award 2 points every 5 minutes to subscribers, and at all times I still saw all the chat activity and the twitch stream, so it wasn't like I had been disconnected and didn't realise.

tl;dr - Deep Bot isn't awarding points in a busy channel after idling for awhile.  Leaving the stream and rejoining after a few minutes fixes the issue, but a browser refresh doesn't.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Point accumulation in a busy channel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »
Unfortunately this relates to Twitch and how it presents "active" viewers in chat. Userlists can be buggy at times, especially on weekends where load on the servers are high due to tournaments.
Sometimes it may show you have left the channel even if you have your browser open.

I would say chat frequently so that the bot knows you are around!