Author Topic: Betting Question  (Read 1614 times)

TiLLeR32

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TiLLeR32
Betting Question
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:04:07 AM »
Hello,

I hope this question hasn't been asked before (I did some searching first).   I was wondering if there was a way to run a bet without requiring the user to bet any points?  I've been using the bot for give aways where people bet if they think I'm going to win or loose a match.  Those that choose right get entered into a drawing.  I'd love if they could just !bet win or !bet loose.  Right now they are required to enter a point value for the bet ("!bet 1 loose") which seems to confuse them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

TiLLeR

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Betting Question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »
You could use the poll option. A bet with no wager and no rewards does not make much sense as "betting" which by name means give up something for a chance to get something back of a greater value.

TiLLeR32

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TiLLeR32
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »
But the poll question doesn't list who voted for what at the end does it?

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »
Just so I understand your use case, you are starting a bet where entry is free, and then anyone who "wins" gets entered into a "raffle"?

If so, easiest way currently would be to request everyone to use 1 point and bet. It is a unique use case, and currently none of the features support such a multiple tier system