Author Topic: hey deepbot - urgent help with points, corrupted  (Read 3441 times)

GUNEYTURK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: GUNEYTURK
hey deepbot - urgent help with points, corrupted
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
I love your bot and the features is endless, making my streaming so much more easier! How ever I'm constantly losing points due to either system image recovery, or something else like this morning I ran Deepbot and for some odd reason it had corrupted :S forcing me to re-install deepbot, which I did but then lost all Points (user database) for all my twitch account viewers. Is it possible to backup such database (points), where is the user database stored? if not, can you implement one, could you make this "data" ex-tractable/exportable for recovery purposes? I've tried installing it on primary drive(OS), backup drive (secondary), and even on USB, non is able to hold onto the user database. Is the userdata base stored on C: ? I'd really appreciate your help on this one, viewers are getting annoyed about the points reset. Love the bot btw!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:45:11 PM by GUNEYTURK »

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: hey deepbot - urgent help with points, corrupted
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
DeepBot makes a number of backups of user data.

The restore process is easy enough to follow. Steps are below.

• Go to where you have installed Deepbot (Typically C:\DeepBot - Twitch Streamer Assistant)
  • Navigate to the backups folder
  • There is a readme file explaining what the different folders in there contain, but typically you want to either be looking in folder 0 (30 min backups) or folder 1 (3 hr backups) or folder 2 (24 hr backups), depending on when you started experiencing these problems
  • Copy the "users" file that is before the database corrupted. This file will have numbers after it
  • Go back to the main folder and delete the "users" file
  • Paste the users file you copied from the backups folder and then rename it so it just reads "users"

GUNEYTURK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:34:45 PM »
it worked! thank you so much! Recovered my user database, EXCELLENT! Sadly I did lose all my commands  :( is it possible to recover in the same way as database? if not, for future reference is it possible to backup our commands ? which file does the commands hold in. ty

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »
commands and user settings are also backed up in the same folders.

commands are saved in chanmsgconfig.bin
user settings are saved in usersconfig.bin

GUNEYTURK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »
worked! I love you <3