Author Topic: Deepbot bandwidth usage?  (Read 2145 times)

Bananeur

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Bananeur
Deepbot bandwidth usage?
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
Hi There!

As of lately I've been having some problems with my internet, to put it short, my upspeed is only 0.8mb.
This already makes it hard enough to stream, but what makes it even harder is that deepbot seems to take a good chunk of that, or at least enough to make it noticeable.
my current stream setup is 600kbps, I can keep a green square with that in OBS (no dropped frames or 'danger zone'). However as soon as I fire up the bot, I drop roughly 20% of my frames.
How much bandwidth would deepbot require to use? and is there any way to reduce / disable this? I love the bot, but I currently have it disabled because it's the only way to keep my stream up.

Kind regards,
Bananeur

JordanMillward_1

• Advisor
  • Padawan
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
  • Twitch Name: JordanMillward_1
Re: Deepbot bandwidth usage?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Do you mean dropped frames, or decreased FPS?

Bananeur

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Bananeur
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:39:31 AM »
Do you mean dropped frames, or decreased FPS?
Dropped frames

Vegeta8300

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Vegeta8300
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »
I have had the same issue. My upload is 5mb, of which I am at 2000 bitrate. When deepbot is up it would drop the frames in OBS even lower than 20%. For me it seems to happen every other update. It started to happen to me randomly one day, as soon as I closed deepbot, i jumped back to 30fps, the green square stayed green even when the fps dropped. If I opened deepbot it would drop the fps again. Then there was an update to deepbot, and it seemed fixed. Then with the last 2 recent updates, the first one, the fps issue started again. Then with the last it fixed it again. I have no idea why it does it. I have tried everything to fix it myself, posted on this forum, but no one knew what to do. But then with the update, all is fine now. Try it again, have you tried recently?