Author Topic: Disable "points" system for those not "watching"  (Read 1242 times)

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Crimson_Sands_Gaming
Disable "points" system for those not "watching"
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »
So i been noticing this the last few days but today it made itself very Obvious...  i had over 20 people this afternoon in the stream and only 10-14 were being counted as "viewers".  I have been baffled about this for the last few days as i started noticing this more and more but unable to figure out why.  Today was the largest gap of this, and 1 viewer told me it was because these people Paused or turned off the Stream and that was why they dont count in the viewer numbers.

I run weekly Auctions for Steam games on my Channel using these Points as the channels Currency and if this is True, I dont like the fact that a growing number of people are camping in my Stream all day and night having the Stream paused and not at least counting towards my Viewer count.  They are simply soaking up all the Points they can, not even watching the stream or participating in the chat, just leaving it open in the background paused.

I would very much like the option ASAP to disallow this type of Behavior, i would like to have the option that people who are not actively Watching the stream or at least have it running to where they count as a viewer when it is Online get Nothing, No points at all until they are considered a Viewer. (offline is fine).
http://www.twitch.tv/crimson_sands_gaming - Waiting for Star Citizen to be more Stream worthy, playing Random games till then! come Join the fun!

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Disable "points" system for those not "watching"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:47 PM »
Unfortunately twitch does not publish this kind of information. We can't detect who is watching and who is not.
The only thing we can detect is the people logged into chat.