Yes
2 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 14, 2014, 04:57:09 AM

Author Topic: Expended Hosting Functions  (Read 1105 times)

The Pixel Pirate

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thepixelpirate
Expended Hosting Functions
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
I'd love to see some expanded hosting functions for the bot. At this point in time is only allows you to either have a select group of streamers in a list or to randomise the list.

I'd like to see the ability to have some sort of timetable function where I can set it so I am hosting a streamer between certain times of the day and certain days of the week. For example:

Monday

Spamfish 10am - 12pm
Dansgaming 12:01pm - 2pm
Eddieruckus 2:01pm -2:30pm
Manvsgame 2:31pm - 6am

Tuesday

Ellohime 4pm - 6pm
Pixelmonkeygaming 8pm - 10pm

and so on.

That would enable users of the bot to setup their hosting so they are sort of a TV channel with the objective of having people streaming on your channel 24/7 or however many hours/days the bot owner prefers. Of course this would only be useful for hosting people that stream on a schedule, but I'd say that would be the majority of streamers not the minority.

If there is a situation where the streamer that is designated to a time is not online, the bot can either rehost the previous person or go to the randomised list until the next streamer time is hit. So for example in my previous example I had spamfish at 10am - 12pm on Monday, but he went offline at 11:30am, then the randomised list would cover until 12pm where it would then swap to Dansgaming from 12:01 - 2pm.

I know for a fact that at least one major bot is going to have this type of system implemented in the near future, and I'd hate to see deepbot get behind the curve.

xtrapsp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: greatbritishbg
Re: Expended Hosting Functions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:49:01 AM »
I know this sounds odd. But I've written a PHP script that queries who is online (I'm actually in the process of implementing exactly what you've suggested).

http://www.bradlyspicer.net/Twitch/

If Deepbot has an open API or accessibility (When I'm given it in the next 24 hours). I'l have a look into this :)