Author Topic: Crash on Launch  (Read 1593 times)

Xcore570

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Xcore570
Crash on Launch
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:56 AM »
My Deepbot is crashing on launch. I understand you are on a trip, take your time. This is the errorlog

09 Sep 15:15:55,778 - 0.5.2.1: Crashed Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
09 Sep 15:15:55,789 - 0.5.2.1: Crashed    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at DeepBot.UserConfig.LoadUserConfig()
   at DeepBot.Main..ctor()
   at DeepBot.Program.Main()

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Crash on Launch
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 01:09:40 AM »
For the time being, have you tried to reinstall Deepbot? If you no longer have the installer I can PM it to you on Twitch
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Xcore570

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 02:48:39 AM »
HI Dante,

Yes, I have tried re-installing it.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 02:54:07 AM »
After a quick forum search, it would appear Expert's has already answered this for another user that had the same problem. Turns out your "userconfig" file might be corrupt. I'll quote the message he put word for word. Hopefully that should help you to get Deepbot working again

It appears your usersconfig file is corrupted. Try to restore from backups which exist in the following folders:
30min interval backups: backups/0/
6hr interval backups: backups/1/
24hr interval backups: backups/2/

To restore a backup:
Close DeepBot
rename current usersconfig.bin to usersconfig_bak.bin (This is the backup of your current database)
Find the usersconfig.bin file with the appropriate timestamp that you want to restore from the backups\ folder and copy it
Paste the file in the main folder (where the original usersconfig.bin was)
Rename the backup file to usersconfig.bin (removing the timestamp)
Start DeepBot

Regards,
Experts

Original Topic: http://deepbot.deep.sg/forums/index.php?topic=1445
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Xcore570

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 04:43:12 AM »
Fixed it right up, thanks!