Author Topic: Is it possible to share points?  (Read 1158 times)

montish

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: kewk
Is it possible to share points?
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:58:32 AM »
Hey guys,

I want to run a bot between multiple channels within my guild so the points are spread between all streamers within that guild. Is this currently possible? Or something that can be possible?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Is it possible to share points?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
Short Answer
Technically yes but loads of loopholes and could become costly depending on amount of channels you want hooked up.

Long Answer
Technically this would be possible. There have been many mentions of people managing to host Deepbot on a server to allow it to be shared between multiple people. However I believe these people were only using a single channel to do all their streaming.

As you want multiple channels, this would require extra licences (Currently the way Deepbot is is 1 licence = 1 channel) which could get quite costly in the long run. Especially if you want to have VIP features on each of these channels. As the initial fee to get into the beta is $10 and a further $5 (or more) a month there after to keep VIP features (All of which can be found at http://deepbot.deep.sg/wiki/VIP+Streams) this becomes an expensive endeavour.

If this was no issue, it would be a case of handing the database around all the streamers when they go live. This plan falls apart though if multiple people attempt to stream at the same time. As there is no merge option for the database it would be a case of overwriting the database file with the latest one which in this scenario would not work out as intended. I believe it is in the pipeline (Don't quote me on that) and could be something that may be seen in the future, probably after Deepbot is officially out of Beta.

Sorry,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556