Author Topic: Change Name Request  (Read 2810 times)

M4dr1d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: PirateTV
Change Name Request
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:21:16 AM »
Hello,

I was approved for the closed beta to run deepbot and I received all the info to set things up. I performed all the steps listed in the invite message (double/triple checking everything) and I am getting this message no matter what I try, preventing me from using this awesome piece of work.

"Sorry - This channel has not been subscribed for this bot. Please email deepbot to enquire on subscription details"

I sent an e-mail, but I know the forum is the preferred place for Help/Support. So here I am.

My Twitch Stream account name is  PirateTVs
My Twitch BOT account name is Its_A_Pirates_Wife

Thanks for the help and the excellent work on this project!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:55:26 AM by Dante557 »

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Channel has not been subscribed?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
After looking at your application, the reason it isn't working is due to a typo (According to this post) on your application. If I had to hazard a guess the licence is for "PirateTV" instead of "PirateTVs". As I have no power to change the license you have on the bot you will unfortunately have to wait until Experts gets around to it. As he is currently on a business trip this could take a bit of time.

For now I have changed the title to "Change Name Request"

Bot Name: Its_A_Pirates_Wife
Channel Name: PirateTVs

If this info is incorrect let me know

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Qween_

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Qween_
Re: Change Name Request
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:53:03 AM »
I have no clue what "piratestv" is? I made the bot like a friend told me to, but when I try to connect the bot the main port doesn't work because twitch got new servers, and when it ask if I would like to transfer to port 80 it won't let me.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »
I have no clue what "piratestv" is? I made the bot like a friend told me to, but when I try to connect the bot the main port doesn't work because twitch got new servers, and when it ask if I would like to transfer to port 80 it won't let me.

That reply was specific to the original poster, M4dr1d. Their current bot licence is possibly not the same as the one they originally put on the beta application.

As for your issue, in the "port" drop down box, try 443. This is the port I use and it connects just fine.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

M4dr1d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »
That is correct, PirateTVs not PirateTV

M4dr1d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »
Is there anyway to make a new licence for PirateTVs  and just undo the PirateTV one?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
Is there anyway to make a new licence for PirateTVs  and just undo the PirateTV one?

That is something Experts will need to do. It's a server side change.

M4dr1ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: PirateTVs
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 07:11:02 AM »
I am just going to donate again, hopefully I can just get an extra month of VIP on my other account and close this one again.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »
You're going to be facing the same hurdle with that as well. The bottleneck currently is the server side process. If you donate again with a different name Experts will still need to do a new licence for the new account you make pretty much putting you at square 1 again with this issue.