Author Topic: Database integration - OpenSQL, SQLite, MySQL  (Read 2013 times)

xtrapsp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: greatbritishbg
Database integration - OpenSQL, SQLite, MySQL
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have Database integration such as MYSQL? I'd like to be able to manage this by having the database in one place the bot to be run in multiple other places so I can just pre-load the data?

It would also be nice to manage my data with possible sponsors etc.

xtrapsp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Database integration - OpenSQL, SQLite, MySQL
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:27:18 AM »
Bump.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
Currently this is not supported. DeepBot uses an in-memory database and the latency on remote MySQL databases currently does not meet the application requirements.

In the future I will be looking to implement a delayed sync with a remote server. However, this is much lower in the priority list.

xtrapsp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »
Would there be any way of us manually exporting the data into a MYSQL Database?  If we do the leg work.

Thanks

TheElm

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 02:46:20 AM »
What are the current problems with the remote SQL connections other than just latency?

I've heard before about the latency issue, but was wondering what the other problems that cause that may be.

Currently I have a website that is just about done that will allow the users from twitch to be able to trade the currency earned from streams, and use it to bid on other rewards via the website. The only problem there is being able to sync data between stream and website where somebody doesn't spend currency on one without it being withdrawn from the other. So storing the SQL database on the website entirely would be best. The only problem is finding a bot capable of doing so.