Author Topic: New competition options, duel and another points - very long post  (Read 6448 times)

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: woodydaocas
Hey guys,
I'd like to request a features that could add much more energy on the stream. We have betting, but honestly it involves a lot of thinking and most of the guys are not that interested. I'd like to request 4 new things:

1)
Duel:
Users just use the !duel (after I start it - setting how many points are we playing for ) to enter, then there would be a roll 1-x(being the set amount) and the lowest roll would pay to the highest roll, the difference between those two. And no, not my idea :)

Example:
I am starting a duel for 250 points, users enter with !duel, after I close it (timer included), results are displayed.
~John (26) Tony (45) Woody (250,ofc :D)
~John is paying 224 'currency' to Woody

2)
ANOTHER Raffle, not bought by standard 'currency'
Why ? Benefit the most active ones, not the regular ones, gives chance to new guys.
Regulars with a lots of currency shows up after a month and are still the most powerful, which is completely cool, but this would motivate the new ones to more activity.
After this it's not about mindset "why would I bother, he has so many points, that he can show up anytime and still 'win' "

How does it work ?
-I press the button, something like "Raffle entries"(again, timer with possibility to close after expiring automaticaly), during which users has to write a command "!whatever" and they would get a currency, something like !rafflies :)) AFTER the drawing is closed and IF they are selected...read further
(I am pretty sure noone uses that name, yet :P You can forbid it in the future, to create the standart currency with the same name.)

-This is like a "week long" thing, after that, winner is drawn and all is resetted.

-You already have the logic in, just the raffle is drawn from different currency.

-There should also be an option to ALLOW/FORBID option to buy Rafflies with 'currency' (command is !raffle)

It should be a radio button, that may be changed during the Rafflies(a week long)
Ie.: it's allowed only on first and last day, but during that, it's only possible to get raffle entries during the random giveaway option. Or not possible at all, if I decide so.

CLOSING:

The random giveaway
-there is an overview, with how many viewers have entered the Rafflies

-there is a text field to let me choose how many of them will be randomly selected also BUTTON to "select all who entered" + maybe buttons like in chat tab, to award specific amount, text field(the "?" button) will do just fine, too

-and how many raffle entries are rewarded.
(10 entered, 10 randomly awarded = all of them, ofc)

Whole rafflies
-overview of viewers and how many points are there total, simple draw like in raffle already present in DeepBot

EXAMPLE:
~Starting a "thing" (Rafflies ? I dunno, I am not native, someone make something up :D )
~To enter, please write !rafflies  (while streamer goes to take a piss: )
5minutes
~Closing the Rafflies,

3)
Timers redone:
If the above changes are in, there would be a way too many timers on one place.
I am thinking about creating a new frame named Timer, inside each competition Tab, that could look universal, no radio buttons, but would work for the respective competition only.
Much cleaner, not confusing and faster.

4)
Raffle winner options:
I would welcome a "mail" icon in the winner tab, so I can write a message to winner on Twitch right away, should be pretty simple.
Right now I need to take a note and go to chat tab/user database and find viewer there. That may even lead to mistakes, we don't want that, right?

Thanks for the feedback
Woody

EDIT: tried to make it look less like a wall of text
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:49:48 PM by woodydaocas »

CouchTalkWithGamerGirls

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: ctwgg
Re: New competition options, duel and another points - very long post
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »
The duel idea i'd say is pretty cool, would be a lot to handle if 100 viewers did it at the same time I would think but would be cool non the less. That's essentially a minigame that viewers in chat could do. Which I think is a good idea.

I think that raffles based on viewer hours or chat activity may be a better way to go, with chat activity being the best route to gage viewer activity.. and those who would abuse it to get ahead can be easily timed out/banned.

Ideally you want to maximize current features to full usage potential, opening a completely new system apart from the current currency I'd say is a waste as a viewer and as a producer. I'd say use the currency, but maybe have two ticket amount caps, one for everyone and one for the most active. This would allow your most active viewers a better chance at the raffle. So no matter how much credits someone had.. they won't be able to use them all if they aren't active. This way the only feature that is added is another cap that uses additional math and some modification of the first cap. Would solve the inactive "TITAN" viewers advantage problem and maybe encourage more chat activity and individual viewer watch hours.

Economics, try different incentives and find what works best to achieve the desired results.

P.S.
What I did is just give massive inflation and then massive deflation.
The difference between our top fans and the newer fans is so drastic (millions compared to hundreds/thousands) that it gives this humbling effect to new comers.. it's weird but happens. They then make personal goals (usually) to beat those top fans in points. And in the same regard.. a top fan can lose a million points in one bet... I saw it happen the other day... but then he donated and got all his points back... which helps the stream out tremendously. Plus large numbers make people FEEL good. So every once in a while I make it rain points... just depends on the stream. Then when the time comes for a raffle, if I want everyone to have a fair chance... I just make the raffle ticker per user cap at about 3 tickets... that way a big point wallet viewer can't hog a ton of tickets. Anyway, hope this helps.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: woodydaocas
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:23:26 AM »
Closed Beta 0.2.27

First gambling mini-game released. type !bankheist <gamble amount> to play! (e.g. !bankheist 100) Do report bugs if any.

That means it wasn't so bad idea ? :) Going to try that out, now..

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
Hey there ... thanks for the feedback. Please see my views below.

1) Gambling has been requested by many people. But I wanted to release something where the bot did not have to give responses for each entry, so the bank heist concept took some time to come up with.

2) As for a separate raffle category/currency system, like ctwgg said, I am not keen to setup something completely different. Although, I like the idea of rewarding active users in chat as opposed to people who afk there. Will give this idea a bit more thought to see what would fit best with the current features.

3) On timers, a separate screen for them without context may be more confusing and harder to access (start raffle in one screen and then go to the timer tab to start the timer). However if more features are added that need timers, I may consider this. Or I may look into a floating window that appears where needed.

4) Lastly, that "send twitch message" options has been available in the winner panel for some time now. Just right click on the winner name to bring up the options.

V3n0mTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: v3n0mtv
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
I just want to add that I do like the duel-idea and would love to see it being implemented. Either a "global" duel event (as described below), or a private duel-function between two viewers. People could waste their currency without the streamer attendance that way.