Author Topic: Add the option for viewers to donate using a debit/credit card  (Read 6158 times)

shadesofkiara

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: shadesofkiara
Add the option for viewers to donate using a debit/credit card
« on: January 27, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »
On the deepbot donation page, there is only the one option for viewers to donate using a paypal account. Could we have the option to link a stripe account to deepbot as well, so that viewers are able donate using a debit/credit card?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:55:29 PM by shadesofkiara »

JordanMillward_1

• Advisor
  • Padawan
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
  • Twitch Name: JordanMillward_1
Re: Add the option for viewers to donate using a debit/credit card
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:56:25 PM »
Paypal allows that option to - you don't need to log in to Paypal to donate, you can just put card details into it.

Virlomi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Virlomi
Additional Payment Services Implementation
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:55:48 AM »
I noticed that with Twitch Alerts they have the option for people to donate with their credit cards and not just through PayPal. This service is provided through Stripe, https://stripe.com. I was hoping that this would be implemented into DeepBot as well because I feel I may be missing out on potential donations because of how some people view PayPal. I know I could set this up independently of DeepBot but then the notification wouldn't show on the screen and I'm pretty sure people like to see their donation and message up on the screen.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:26:32 AM by Dante557 »

Virlomi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
I realize that but some people have sworn off paypal and refuse to use it. Having Stripe gives them another option

Breannabot

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Breannabot
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:14:39 AM »
+1 for this, one of the main reasons I haven't switched over my donations yet. I find my viewers donations primarily use 75% Paypal 25% Stripe. I know a few who have sworn off Paypal as well and I wouldn't want to lose them! (even if it isn't as common)
Dota is love, Dota is life.
www.twitch.tv/breannabot

Virlomi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:38:53 AM »
I'm thinking about not using Deepbot anymore because of this. There's been a lot of people who say they'd donate if it wasn't for paypal and it appears they are completely unwilling to add this feature. It's a shame really.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:11 AM »
They don't need a paypal in order to donate. I don't see what the problem is.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:52 AM »
I'm actually interested as to why some people have sworn off Paypal. Is it the transaction fee? Is it some business practice that I don't know about?

I mean I understand that multiple options for payment like this is a good thing. In fact I would love this to be a thing myself. Looking at Twitch for example you see the multitude of options that XSolla offers. (Which seems to only be available to game publishers and those that become their partners).

Twitch alerts implements a 1% charge for dealing with donations I read but that includes Paypal so that's a non issue.

However I do wonder if that donation/tip goes through their servers first before reaching you, like a Stripe/Paypal (%fee) -> Twitch Alerts (%fee) -> you. Whereas with how Paypal works at the moment with Deepbot: Page -> Paypal(%fee) -> Money directly to you/Notification sent back to Deepbot.

I haven't looked much into the API myself and I can tell you i'm not much of a programmer. I also haven't really had a look at the pricing model (Which I believe is less then Paypal on a per transaction basis) but I can just see this incuring additional charges.

Do let me know if I completely misunderstood though,
Dante557
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:04:01 AM by Dante557 »
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556