Author Topic: STILL getting an error message when trying to connect my bot  (Read 9478 times)

vpRider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: twitch.tv/vprider
STILL getting an error message when trying to connect my bot
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
Someone please help me, I have done everything they told me and I still get the error message that something is keeping it from connecting. Mcaffee is off, i am hardwired into my internet modem so i dont think its a VPN issue and firewall is off. Please help me or refund my money!

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: STILL getting an error message when trying to connect my bot
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »
You have to click on OAuth Password, to connect your twitch account to the bot.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
Can you confirm that you are using the stream name "vpRider" and the bot name "RidersBot"?

vpRider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »
I've done all that and yes

vpRider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
Does capitalization matter? I put my twitch on the app as vpRider but its really vpRIDER on twitch

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »
Capitalization doesn't matter.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:31:11 AM »
There are a number of things that could be preventing Deepbot from connecting to the Twitch IRC servers. This is me assuming that it's a problem connecting to the Twitch servers and not connecting to the Deepbot servers (As it does this on the startup process). First of all I will need to know which version of Windows you are using. I only need to know this if you can't perform the steps I outline below so I can give you more guidance.

I see you mentioned a VPN. Would it be possible as a test to not use your VPN? Although it is very likely that isn't the issue we need to eliminate any possible cause for why it isn't connecting.

As for other things, you could try the following. I apologise if these have already been mentioned at one point or another.

• Run Deepbot as an Administrator - There could be something preventing Deepbot from running all its necessary functions. This also solves problems when Deepbot is in the program files.
  • Changing the port Deepbot uses to connect to the Twitch server
  • Adding Deepbot as an exception in Windows Firewall - I find that even with windows firewall disabled I still need to add it as an exception to windows firewall to make it work.
  • Port Forwarding - It could be the case that it isn't anything on your PC that is causing the problem, it could be your router. Even when the connection is wired the router could still be extremely strict as to what ports it allows to be used. You can see if it is a problem with this if you put your computer in the DMZ zone. This zone basically makes all your ports open to that one specific computer. It is not recommended you leave you computer in this zone for too long so it is strictly only for testing purposes. How you do this depends on what router you have.

Hope this problem gets resolved for you soon.
Thanks,
Dante557
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:17:08 AM by Dante557 »
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 05:17:04 AM »
Also just noticed this on twitter: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/563051725989642242
Try streaming to another server.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

vpRider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 10:26:07 PM »
Thank you all for trying to help! I am on windows 8 and I have run it as admin, I have allowed it in my firewalls and I have tried a different port. I do not know what port forwarding is, so I am a bit confused. I really would like to use the program but it just keeps giving me the errors. I had a few updates last night (drivers and such) that I needed to update, maybe it was those? I haven't tried it since.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:08 AM »
Next time you boot it up would you mind taking a screenshot of the error that pops up? A nice and simple way to take screenshots for posting to places like this is to use Puush (http://puush.me) and I honestly use it every other day. So useful. If you have another program like it feel free to use that instead.

Another thing we could do is use Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx) to try and solve the problem remotely. If you do choose to go the Teamviewer route PM me on the forums or on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/dante557) and we'll sort out a time to attempt to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

vpRider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 05:20:58 AM »
Sure! Here is the error I continue to get. If this doesn't help, I would definitely like to have you guys get into my PC to see if we can figure this out!

http://i.imgur.com/YN4VPFq.png

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »
Sorry, I noticed you popped into my Twitch channel which I missed as I was doing something else at the time. I'm around for the next hour so lets get this problem sorted out :)

thehulkfiles

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Thehulkfiles
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Was any solution found for this?

Same problem started happening to me yesterday out of the blue. I can Oauth with twitch fine, just cant connect to deepbot servers even in dmz zone.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »
Haven't been able to have a look to see what the problem was with vpRider yet. However if you are having the same problem I can see if I can help you. Teamviewer would be the best method I think. If you want PM me the ID and Password it says and i'll have a look.

Also make sure you take your computer out the DMZ zone. As that wasn't the issue there is no need for your PC to be in that zone.

thehulkfiles

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Thehulkfiles
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:58 AM »
Didnt get lucky on the restart maybe it is deepbot server side.