Author Topic: FPS drop in Source Engine Games with Deepbot running  (Read 2247 times)

AddledAdventures

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: addledadventures
FPS drop in Source Engine Games with Deepbot running
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:10:54 PM »
Machine:
i7 875k @ 3787mhz
12GB ram
SSD
GTX 780
Win7 Pro

Everything was just fine last stream 2 days ago, but now when deepbot is running, my average FPS of 80-100 during stream drops to 10-15, and becomes completely unplayable. almost feels like some input delay too. If I close deepbot while streaming, my FPS increase back to normal levels.

I do have the deepbot files stored on a NAS with a raid 0 for redundancy, everything is gigabit, and it has run smoothly forever.

I have tried assigning dedicated cores, etc to the game/deepbot with no luck. The CPU usage and ram usage is right around 50%, and the GPU is reporting ~30 load even while getting 12 FPS. If anyone has any ideas or insight, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Smiteylol

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: www.twitch.tv/smiteylol
Re: FPS drop in Source Engine Games with Deepbot running
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 06:21:37 PM »
I have the same Problem...Can anyone help us ?

AddledAdventures

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:02:45 AM »
Since the DeepBot files are stored on a nas anyway, I built another shelf off the side of my desk, and put a laptop in just to run deepbot/music. It is ran through my audio mixer as another input. FPS is now higher than ever.

I am using synergy to use my main mouse/kb to control it like a second monitor. works pretty slick really.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
Glad that worked for you. Some people have also had success with setting up a virtual box.

Unfortunately, this is one area that I have not been able to pin point. On very few machines (less than 0.3% of users) experience this issue where some local configuration of hardware/software causes CPU usage spikes. However, on all development platforms which I have tested on, it works smoothly.

If you are able to figure you exactly what is causing it, I would be able to investigate further. Unfortunately if I can't replicate the issue, it is very hard for me to even start looking for the problem.

AddledAdventures

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:34:39 AM »
I find this is a superior solution for a few different reasons anyway (audio being a big one) so I am very happy. To help out other people that may be in the same boat, you will find that the OBS notifications don't work because they are no longer being sourced from localhost. Experts posted a fix in another thread, but in an effort to spread information I am going to put it here as well.

All you need to do is to append your notification URLs in your broadcasting software, and add "?ip=[DeepBot Computer IP Here]" to the end of the URLs. This also works for the youtube music aspect. i.e. "http://deepbot.deep.sg/YouTubePlayerv4.html?ip=192.168.1.100" (if the ip of the DeepBot machine was 192.168.1.100)

Hope this helps someone, and thanks Experts for this great product. I can't imagine streaming without it :)