Author Topic: Mod Level Status Resetting  (Read 2113 times)

PixxelFD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: FragDolls
Mod Level Status Resetting
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »
Hello!
For our particular channel we have users set to mod status to help us manage chat, but we do not want these users to able to use any bot commands.
When I manually take away the Mod status from the bot's User Database interface, it appears to work, but if the user reconnects at a later time, the Mod Level 1 status is added back to the user.

(I apologize if this is in the wrong section - I wasn't sure whether to log this as a bug or feature request.)

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Mod Level Status Resetting
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:17:29 AM »
This is currently by design as all channel mods are considered as trusted with basic access to the bot and are automatically given Level 1 access when they get a mod on twitch (each time they login)
Level 2 access needs to be toggled manually.

If more streams require this feature, I could create a mode which elevates all mod powers to require Level 2 mod access. However, would like to hear the thoughts from other streamers.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: woodydaocas
Re: Mod Level Status Resetting
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »
I got a small channel, so I only have a couple mods, all of them trusted with all DeepBot functions, but yeah, I can imagine someone would like to have a mod without access to it. Simple checkbox (has access ? true/false) would do the trick I believe :)
Woody