Author Topic: Second Point System  (Read 1287 times)

thetinker86

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thetinker86
Second Point System
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »
Hi guys, I was speaking with Arctomian about a few things(including point/currency) and he suggested I post here, see who's interested.

So Deepbot Users, please comment if you like/want/dont care/dont want or whatever your feelings, and maybe we can get this implemented soon.

So here's my thoughts on it.

We currently have 1 point system where points are primarily earned through the in chat games and spending time in stream, which is good as a way to keep people active, but i think a second set of points is necessary to fill a particular need.

For a lot of streamers, we want to offer a way to thank our donators/supporters as well as giving them a few added options compared to regular users.

I'd like to have a 'point system 2' option, preferable some automation involved but i'd be happy with manually providing points for now.
The main use i'd have for these points is to give them to 'paid supporters'.

Here's an example. Say Joe is watching, he donates $5 randomly. I'd like to be able to give him 5points(system 2) that is only obtainable through donations/subs/patreon.
What can he do with the points? Maybe i'll offer a special command where he can use 1 point to put a custom message on screen(or whatever value i choose). maybe I do a giveaway in the future but the tickets cost 1 special point or 500 viewer points. people can spend whatever points to get tickets, i pull the winning ticket and send whoever their item. Or even do a giveaway for special points only.

Having a second set of points, to me, is just a great way we can provide some extra love/support back to the paid supporters.

I think the posibilities are pretty endless here for how much good it could do.

Imagine if i have a "SUPER LOUD SCREAM" sound and i'm playing a horror game. Let someone pay 1 special point to play that sound and scare the poop out of me lol.

Anyway, thanks!

TheRealAlixe

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • Ninetales.us
  • Twitch Name: TheRealAlixe
Re: Second Point System
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »
Hi guys, I was speaking with Arctomian about a few things(including point/currency) and he suggested I post here, see who's interested.

So Deepbot Users, please comment if you like/want/dont care/dont want or whatever your feelings, and maybe we can get this implemented soon.

So here's my thoughts on it.

We currently have 1 point system where points are primarily earned through the in chat games and spending time in stream, which is good as a way to keep people active, but i think a second set of points is necessary to fill a particular need.

For a lot of streamers, we want to offer a way to thank our donators/supporters as well as giving them a few added options compared to regular users.

I'd like to have a 'point system 2' option, preferable some automation involved but i'd be happy with manually providing points for now.
The main use i'd have for these points is to give them to 'paid supporters'.

Here's an example. Say Joe is watching, he donates $5 randomly. I'd like to be able to give him 5points(system 2) that is only obtainable through donations/subs/patreon.
What can he do with the points? Maybe i'll offer a special command where he can use 1 point to put a custom message on screen(or whatever value i choose). maybe I do a giveaway in the future but the tickets cost 1 special point or 500 viewer points. people can spend whatever points to get tickets, i pull the winning ticket and send whoever their item. Or even do a giveaway for special points only.

Having a second set of points, to me, is just a great way we can provide some extra love/support back to the paid supporters.

I think the posibilities are pretty endless here for how much good it could do.

Imagine if i have a "SUPER LOUD SCREAM" sound and i'm playing a horror game. Let someone pay 1 special point to play that sound and scare the poop out of me lol.

Anyway, thanks!

Here is an example of a secondary point system for deepbot Here
Twitter: @TheRealAlixe | Web: Ninetales.us | Twitch: @TheRealAlixe | Discord: join