Author Topic: Deep bot already running?  (Read 1640 times)

tacosgorawrx3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: tacosgorawrx3
Deep bot already running?
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
ive tried everything i can to close it and its all saying its not even running. i have no idea on how to get it to open

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Deep bot already running?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »
Restart your pc, or log out and log back in.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

tacosgorawrx3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:39:00 AM »
already did that 3 times

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:43:05 AM »
Have you tried force closing the deepbot application in the task manager?

If those do not work, try to do a SMART analysis on their hard drive. Similar problem happened to another user and their HDD was dying. It is recommended to backup your hard drive As soon as possible if that is the case.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

tacosgorawrx3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:17 AM »
i tried this and its not working! i tried running a  SMART analysis and it still isnt working

tacosgorawrx3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 04:44:36 AM »
it also wont let me force end it

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 02:37:11 AM »
OK, when you did the S.M.A.R.T. analysis what did it say? Feel free to do this via PMs to see if we can resolve the issue for you. The fact it is surviving through computer restarts is concerning unless you have Deepbot running on startup. Are any other processes surviving through restarts or is it just Deepbot? What version of windows are you running?

Otherwise, after some reading, there are some other things you can try

Start Windows in safe mode with networking support

Starting windows in safe mode should only allow basic processes to run on boot. In theory a process that isn't deemed essential shouldn't run in this mode. If it manages to survive this then I'm officially stumped. When it boots in this mode it should fingers crossed also remove it from your next boot. Also I'd check the startup processes while in this mode to make sure Deepbot isn't actually in that list. How you do this depends on the motherboard you have so it'll be worth doing a quick Google Search. Typically this button is the F8 key

Force Close the Process From command prompt

Sometimes, when the task manager doesn't work you can close it via a couple of commands with the command prompt. I currently run on Windows 7 but hopefully these commands should go forward to future versions of windows.

The 2 commands we are interested in is tasklist and taskkill. Tasklist, as the name suggests, will give you a list of all the current tasks (processes) that are currently running. Taskkill will attempt to kill the process that you list. Follow these steps.

• Open the start menu and search for "cmd" or "command prompt". Right click the icon and "run as administrator"
  • In the window that opens type "tasklist" and press enter. It should produce something similar to the image below.

You technically don't need to do the above step but it's nice to know the processes that are currently running on your system. The two columns we are interested in are the first and the second. First column is the Image Name. The second is the PID for the process. We can use either of these when we are attempting to close the process.

• Make note of either the PID or Image Name and type "taskkill /pid <Number in Second Column> /T /F" or "taskkill /im DeepBot.exe /T /F"

As Deepbot opens other processes along with it that are related to the IRC chats, the music tab and the forums tab you cannot close Deepbot without also closing the child processes associated with it. /T in that line tells Windows to also kill any child processes that are linked with the parent (in this case, Deepbot). /F is the command prompt equivalent of force killing the process in Task Manager.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:20:42 AM by Dante557 »
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556