Author Topic: Currency Expanded  (Read 1526 times)

sevendollarbill

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: sevendollarbill
Currency Expanded
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »
I havent found if this exists or is possible but is it possible to expand currency functions? Such as creating a shop? Maybe something that can be controlled through BetterTTY with certain emotes or in chat functions? It seems like it would be possible, maybe the database would need to be modified that stores user data but could assign an img to a command like it kind of already is and then assign permissions on who is allowed to use it. The images could be stored locally or a web link to the emote/img.

Basically just a shop where people can spend their currency on in chat enhancements. Because, while the games and such can be fun, whats the point of earning them if you cant spend then on something you retain, like in real life.

Jami

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Ja_mi
Re: Currency Expanded
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
Hi, I´ve seen many streams where the points can spend for (Hearthstone) deck reviews, a 1v1, entry pay for a community game (CS:GO) and so on.
This wont solve the missing shop (does Deepbot need a shop?) but I found it helpful to see what others do.

sevendollarbill

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: sevendollarbill
Re: Currency Expanded
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:45:13 AM »
I totally get that and I do some of those things but I was more interested in doing something everyone can do. Not everyone that watches me have the games I play. So a simple shop to control functions within chat would be really cool. Such as paying for the right to use a command or emot or whatever else you could think of. Doing 1v1 and such is easy to manage manually. And since I'm not a twitch partner yet there are no special emotes I can offer through that system.