Author Topic: Falling out of Focus / Delaying Bot (Primary Window)  (Read 5766 times)

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
    • DizzyDizaster on Twitch
  • Twitch Name: DizzyDizaster
Falling out of Focus / Delaying Bot (Primary Window)
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »
This is interesting and I've noticed over the course of the past few weeks. I wasn't sure if this was true until I tested some things and I'm pretty sure I have evidence that the bot is "stalling" when it is not the primary window.

For example :
I run a two monitor setup. I have probably 10-15 windows of things open on monitor 2 when I'm running stream. Monitor 1 is the game, of course.

I more often than not run OBS on top of the Deepbot program. Sometimes I notice people complaining about not getting our currency or the timed solicitations not going out. If I drag away the OBS window, I notice an echo as if the Deepbot program is crashed.. Or I notice the timers on it have stopped.

If I click on the deepbot window, the timers shoot forward and resync, the timed commands go off in chat, and people get their currency. It's almost as if the bot is going into idle mode when it's in the background.

Any thoughts on this?

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
Re: Falling out of Focus / Delaying Bot (Primary Window)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:21:20 AM »
Allow me to make this even more weird :

!currency and other !commands run by the bot still appear to work FINE during the stall.

Follows Alerts/Timer Messages/Currency Dispensing are the things I've noticed stalling and have had to click the window to main focus every so often to make happen.

JordanMillward_1

• Advisor
  • Padawan
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
  • Twitch Name: JordanMillward_1
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »
I've been using the bot since I got it yesterday, and it's worked fine out of focus  :o

lastzombie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: lastzombi
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
Allow me to make this even more weird :

!currency and other !commands run by the bot still appear to work FINE during the stall.

Follows Alerts/Timer Messages/Currency Dispensing are the things I've noticed stalling and have had to click the window to main focus every so often to make happen.
I have been wondering why my notifications doesn't show :D It makes sense now. Everything works when i preview them and during that bot is top. However if bot is on focused obs scene shortcuts doesn't work (only program i have seen that causes this is the deepbot) so i keep obs focused on top of bot which causes notification problems.

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
Just got home from work. Deepbot was behind Vent and OBS. Click on Deepbot, immediately watched the bot solicit in chat.

Is something going idle? Can we prevent this?

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 12:11:31 AM »
I do another little experiment. I left Deepbot on top of all other programs over night. When I left it behind the other night, it did the "idle" thing. Leaving it in primary focus let it do it's thing.. So apparently this is only happening when Deepbot is behind other programs, even partially.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 01:05:34 AM »
Thanks for all the effort in trying to get to the bottom of this issue. Just wanted to say I am not ignoring this thread.

I will do some testing on my end next weekend as well to attempt to replicate this issue.

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Not a problem. I understand you guys are working very hard and I know you appreciate things being documented. I'll continue to post anything else I notice related.

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 05:24:14 AM »
This is a little concerning to me now. I just noticed the latest version of Deepbot, when it does this "timeout" thing in the background, it is not properly delivering my chat currency both in and outside stream hours.

Is there ANY way to prevent it from going idle in the background?

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 05:47:46 AM »
Just a thought. Could this be related to the amount of users stored in the database?

I will be switching to a 3 monitor setup shortly. That will free up some real estate and hopefully I can give more feedback.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
Unfortunately, I am having no luck replicating this issue.

I have tried turning on the points and have multiple windows overlay on top. Both the points dispensing, and chat commands, are working properly.
Will try and drop by your stream this weekend to see if I can see this happen on your machine.