Author Topic: Deepbot freezing/hanging a lot.  (Read 5400 times)

crimsoncrowe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: CrimsonCrowe
Deepbot freezing/hanging a lot.
« on: April 29, 2016, 06:25:09 AM »
I pretty much just got deepbot, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.  Deepbot is freezing/hanging a LOT, especially when changing up tabs.  I'm running it in administrator mode.  No crashes, just extreme hangs where windows asks "Do you want to wait or close the program?".

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm operating deepbot on a pretty mid to high tier gaming PC, so I feel as though it can't be demanding too many resources.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Deepbot freezing/hanging a lot.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:00:46 AM »
Tried running deepbot on the last core of your cpu?
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

crimsoncrowe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »
Any brief instruction on how I can do that? Not exactly sure.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

skyduskguy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Doubledusk
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 10:26:05 PM »
Im getting the same problem :(((

crimsoncrowe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-set-processor-affinity-to-an-application-in-windows/

I tried this tonight while streaming and it didn't fix anything.  Anything else I can try?  I love the bot, but this hanging/freezing is almost unbearable with how frequent it is.  My specs are pretty mid-to-high range for my PC, so I'm fairly certain it's not on my end.  Is there anything else that's solved this for other people besides the core change?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »
There are a few things you could possibly try depending on what you actually use in the bot itself.

• Setting Deepbot to the last core of your CPU
Of course you've already tried this and it didn't work. In some peoples case moving it to the last core of the CPU does actually solve the issue. I'd ensure that OBS and the game you're running don't also run on this particular core, effectively giving Deepbot (Apart from other non-intensive processes) exclusivity to this core
  • Disabling CLRBrowser processes that Deepbot creates
You may not be aware but Deepbot is in itself 5 processes. If you look in your task manager you should notice "CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess". These basically relate to certain functionality in your Deepbot. These processes are
  • Your Stream Chat
  • Streamer Chat (The Chat which all Deepbot users are connected to)
  • Youtube Music Player
  • Forum tab
You can actually safely close these processes as they don't affect the functionality of Deepbot as a whole. Your bot will still function correctly you just won't be able to see these things displayed in the Deepbot client. If you have no use for the chats (For example, if you use the chat on the Twitch dashboard or an IRC client like Chatty) click the cog icon on the bottom right corner of these chats and hit "Disable Chat". This will unload the process. To end the music player and the forum tab you will need to end the processes of both of these from the task manager itself. The fact these processes exist also is the reason why Deepbot can be deceptive in its CPU usage.
  • Disable Moderation
You may also have not realised that Deepbot has moderation built in. The options for this function can be found in the "Moderation" tab. If you have any of these enabled you are basically telling Deepbot to scan every message that comes in to see if any of the filters you have set are being matched. This act itself will increase CPU usage if you have any of these options enabled. If you have no use for automatic moderation or have another bot (e.g. NightBot) available to do moderation for you disable these options if they are enabled.
  • Use A Virtual Machine
If all else fails using a virtual machine should work. This is in the same vain as using Deepbot on a single core but it has access to the resources you dedicate to the VM itself. This is a last ditch suggestion so only try if you don't mind having a virtual machine set up and are comfortable setting one up.
Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

KratosRising

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: KratosRising
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49:46 AM »
Has anybody tried the tricks above?!  I'm suffering from the same things as the O.P. constant lagging/hanging of tabs and asking if I want to wait or close.  Hoping this fixes it because I love DeepBot but this is becoming unbearable.

KratosRising

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »
I have tried all of the above and NOTHING works except one thing...not having OBS open.  When OBS isn't open, DeepBot runs like an absolute champ.  However, whats the point of having the bot if you can't be streaming while you use it.  Any advice on this?  I've been supporting DeepBot for awhile and want to continue to see it grow but this just gets soo frustrating during streams.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »
OBS studio or classic? How complex are your scenes? VeryFast or Faster encoding (assuming x264)
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

KratosRising

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 02:51:57 AM »
I'm using Studio, and I have it set to faster encoding...my scenes are not that complex (overlay, twitch alerts, camera, mic)  I'm at a complete loss...

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 04:47:26 PM »
Try a veryfast encode via local record to see if that alliviates the issue.

Does it lag simply when obs is opened or as soon as you start an encode?

KratosRising

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
Typically as soon as OBS is opened... :(