Author Topic: Cap for Channel Points?  (Read 1080 times)

HPBraincase

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: hpbraincase
Cap for Channel Points?
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:41:07 AM »
I noticed there were a few topics about this some time ago, but they didn't get any traction, and I didn't want to reply to a two year old post.

I would like to request the ability to institute Point Caps as a way to create a points economy more similar to a mobile game, where the users start the month with a certain amount of points (allowing points based actions to happen immediately after the monthly reset), and accrue up to the maximum. Once they hit the max they stop accruing, encouraging users to actually spend their points, instead of hoarding them. This allows the economy to be tuned better, as there is a baseline of points users can be expected not to go over. It also makes things like the Heists more valuable, as it gives users a chance to go over the max by gambling. Having different Caps for different levels of VIP would be ideal as well.

Users can also be encouraged to show up for streams with the use of points giveaways that would allow them to go over the cap, potentially giving them an edge in things like future raffles.