Author Topic: Points  (Read 2972 times)

DarktideFoulmist

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DyreNyhmn
Have a couple of guys in my stream, not earning points. The only thing i can think of is they where timed out, and the other banned by a miss click. Once removed from the ban and time out. They have not been earning points. Is this a known issue?

Everyone else is working correctly tho.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Points
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:42:47 AM »
Are the usernames for those users appearing in the User Database tab? Also when they are watching the stream are their usernames appearing in the user list for chat?
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

DarktideFoulmist

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:08:01 AM »
Yes, and yes... I can find him and his point totals. I can see his time logged going up and everything but no points being added. I think i may have fixed the glitch by just giving the whole stream 2 points, but I dont know why it happened is my problem.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:56 AM »
Since you added 2 points does the point total for that user go up now?

If everyone else in the stream was earning points in the stream apart from the users affected, I was going to direct you next to the "edit user" popup (User Database -> Right click user -> Edit User) to ask if the "Disable points giveaway" was for some reason checked for them.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

DarktideFoulmist

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »
Nope, it wasn't disabled, but jump starting his points by two for the whole stream seemed to get it going again. Even after just adding points to him did not work (it applyed the points i manually gave but still did not cause him to earn points). After more work with it and perm banning and un perm banning people I was able to duplicate the error. So it has to do with something along the lines of, if they was perma banned (by a mod or myself) it causes the system for some reason to just not start points back up for the person if he/she gets unbanned. This case may not happen to alot of people but my mods sometimes are going for the perma ban on one person and the stream clicks up just right and hits the wrong person. Anyways, I thought I would let you guys know. Hopefully its a simple fixed.

Sorry it took so long to reply i wanted to do a good test on the issue before I came back with any information.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 04:38:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I myself am sorry for taking so long to reply. It's like we are on business day replies :P.

Anyway with the rate Twitch chat can move sometimes it's understandable. I would say as a suggestion to your mods to stop that happening too often to scroll up in the chat to get it to stop moving which'll make it easier for them to get the right person first time around. As for the issue I will let Experts know to see what his two cents are on it. I have a feeling banning a person removes them from the user list for chat which is what Deepbot relies on for giving points to users that are watching your stream. This is the same reason why when Twitch Chat decides to derp Deepbot won't distribute points correctly.

Of course, this is just what I think is happening, not what is probably happening. Watch this space, maybe another 5 days Kappa