Author Topic: Cloud-Storage  (Read 1418 times)

wolfspaktcrew

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: wolfspaktcrew
Cloud-Storage
« on: April 11, 2017, 02:29:52 AM »
Hey folks,

we are 2 streamers on one channel. We both use the bot but to keep us on the same level, we have to share our "data"-folder everytime when one of us made a stream. That is not a long time solution for us and we are vip and I read that VIP's can get Cloud-Storage.

Is it possible to activate it and when streamer A closes the bot and streamer B opens it, that all made settings are available for streamer B without sharing the "data"-folder?

I hope you understand our problem.

Cheers
Wolfspaktcrew

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Cloud-Storage
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:37:58 AM »
Hi there,

The cloud storage you speak of that's included with VIP should really be referred to as an online backup. This is if you happen to lose your files and need to get them back.

As for a solution to your probably I'd recommend using different cloud storage such as Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive. You can run Deepbot within these folders (which will be on your pc) and it'll be synced up for the next person assuming you're sharing commands and the like.

If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

wolfspaktcrew

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: wolfspaktcrew
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
Thank you mate! Thats an awesome idea! Can I just copy the deepbot-folder in the dropbox for example? Or have I to install it there, to run correctly?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:22:41 PM »
Yeah you can just copy the deepbot folder into there and everything will be kept in sync. Depending on soace limits of course. Another idea would be to make use of a program called directory monitor to paste your data folder into dropbox whenever any changes are made to the folder.

Automates pasting and might generally make it a little easier if both of you happen to open the folder at the same time
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556