Author Topic: Can people run multiple bots, and share the same point system?  (Read 3019 times)

Feadern

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Feadern
If all files are backed up locally, does that mean on release you could host DeepBot on a VPS, and you could have a 'team bot' that could take care of multiple streams?

-OR-

If each person has a bot, put them all onto a VPS which could be then store the points from each on on a single area of a VPS and then total up from multiple bots (essentially to create a guild point system, that you can gain points for viewing any of the guild streamers?)

That would be a pretty awesome feature if it's possible :)

DeadairX

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: deadairx
Re: Can people run multiple bots, and share the same point system?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
This sounds like something I would like to have. A shared point system could be useful for a community of streamers

Druitt_streams

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: druitt_streams
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »
Would be as simple as having a shared database on a could server instead of hosted locally?  Get the issues of multiple clients saving to the same file without losing data and that should be pretty easy to do. I will toss a +1 on this.

Feadern

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
I would imagine you would need 2 databases sort of thing, the main file that stores the data from all the bots in a team as base (background) number, and then one that refreshes each start up.

Example:

I have 500 points on the VPS main database

I boot up deepbot, it shows 500 total: 0 currently.

During the stream I earn 200 points (totalling 500+200)

now.. If I shut down deepbot, it just adds 200 (not sure how the code is but similar to var Global.totalFeadern += var currentFeadern then var currentFeadern = 0

Then as for spending, it might have to work to check current points, use them as a priority, and then if there isnt enough it takes points off from the base.

Obviously I'm no coder at all, no idea how hard/easy this is or how it would be done - but it's just how I assumed it would work :D

mrcelophane

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: mrcelophane
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
Made an account to suggest this feature...an easy way to do this would be awesome.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »
Unfortunately at this point, running multiple bots on the same machine is not supported and there is currently no easy way to have a shared currency across streams.
I am exploring technical solutions for this, but at this point in time there is nothing reliable that would get the job done with the level of quality and reliability needed to prevent abuse.

It might be a feature that is incorporated in a later version of the bot in the future, but for now, I am afraid this is not supported.

Feadern

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:34:08 AM »
Unfortunately at this point, running multiple bots on the same machine is not supported and there is currently no easy way to have a shared currency across streams.
I am exploring technical solutions for this, but at this point in time there is nothing reliable that would get the job done with the level of quality and reliability needed to prevent abuse.

It might be a feature that is incorporated in a later version of the bot in the future, but for now, I am afraid this is not supported.

At least it's a thought, that's good news. Hopefully it's possibly but I understand the fact it could be abused so fully understand if it never becomes a feature due to that :)