Author Topic: !volume command [ woodydaocas ]  (Read 11277 times)

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: woodydaocas
!volume command [ woodydaocas ]
« on: December 28, 2013, 03:04:06 AM »
Hello Experts,
so far, it's awesome :) I would like to be able to import whole nightbot playlist, but i might as well click through it :) Thanks for this awesome change, finally bye bye Nightbot :P

<3
Woody

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube player feedback thread
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 03:19:20 AM »
any way to adjust volume for mods ? Ie. nightbot's "!volume" command.. ? Thanks

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:17:31 AM »
Thanks mate for the feedback. Released 0.2.37 with !volume command for mods.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »
sure thing, as always :)
Well, I just finished a stream and I noticed a few things. I am kindly asking you for an explanation of how the song request thing works, that is:

If a song is added via "add song" button, ie. by me, that means what ? What happens, if a song is requested by a viewer (or VIP and so on) ?

Point is, I got used to nightbot's system. I would like to ask you for a thing:

-MY- playlist, ie. permanent one. I can copy/store songs there, that are played if noone is requesting anything, I can add songs there via the add button, it stays there FOREVER, I can add the current(previous would be nice, too) playing song to the permanent one.

There is a temporary queue, that has a higher priority than the permanent one, that means: noone on the stream, "my" songs are being played. Viewers starts to request songs, they are played as soon as the current song from perma ends, but only ONCE!

Here it comes: IF I decide I want it in my playlist, I will do so manually (via button, command - also moderator available, please). As soon as all songs are finished, perma kicks in and there is always something to be played.

Why ? Right now, anything added is lost after some time, I had solid 100 songs requested, everything was played fine, but as there are played, the  songs played are being deleted after some time, like song 1 is deleted after song 6 was played, something like that. If it is intended, please, let us choose what to do.

What should be done ?
Leave it as it is now, but add a new tab under Music to have two of them:
Music - main tab
under it
Playlist (meaning the temp one)
Stream's playlist

Videoplayer stays on the Playlist
There are buttons added there, to add current song to stream's playlist(right click option, too)
in the list of songs, it's full of songs that are read from stream's playlist, ie. https://www.dropbox.com/s/05mrr4ls7p00w87/Screenshot%202013-12-28%2003.16.54.png
after viewer adds a song, it will be as follows:

Requests:
-----------------------------------------------------------
whatever song from viewer - requested by ViEwEr

-----------------------------------------------------------
Desmeon - My Sunshine - requested by Woody
Fox Stevenson...........

ie. the current will finish playing, then the requested will play after that, also some misc: Shuffle only on the stream playlist, requested order of songs from viewers should stay as requested I would say

-another command, to reqest "!permarequestsong" for a custom-set price. For myself, I would like to let viewers request a song into temp. playlist for free ( I can set 0 now) but I would like to set ie. 5 as a perma add to stream's playlist

-thanks for the reply in another thread - playlist totally needs to be saved locally, in the cloud maybe later too :) I would love to request and option to export a playlist to a:
 youtube playlist link
 a text file with song names
 and a text file with youtube links

I had more thoughts, I will edit it, I hope that this will get you some ideas for how to do it better. I am considering donation, because I totally need this asap, I want to get rid of NightBot, this is the only thing not letting me :D

EDIT:
after the playlist is finished, music stops. Maybe an option/switch to repeat the whole ?

Please let me know your thoughts, Experts

Thanks a lot
Woody
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:36:00 AM by woodydaocas »

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
Hey guys,
thanks for the latest update to the player.

I got some more questions :) Maybe it's just me, but I would like to know how I can manage the playlist, when what I want is basically Nightbot's functionality.. and no, we don't need server for that :)

What we got :
-Load playlist manually - this has to be done manually every stream, in case I am switching PC off, which I don't but c'mon, it would be nice, if it could be done automatically
-Requested songs may be staying in the music window, I would have to monitor the Music tab whole stream, which is unreal, but what I know for sure is that the played songs are "pushing" the songs out of the playlist. New are added, while the old ones are disappearing :)

just imagine there were 100 songs requested by woodydaocas. Now there's just a handful, with requested songs on the end. This is unusable, sorry.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x547ao4t36w8jt/Screenshot%202013-12-30%2013.11.00.png

What I am even talking about ? Well, how am I supposed to get the SAME playlist up other day(same = my songs + those perma requested to be added), when I got 1/2 of "mine" playlist in the player and couple requested songs there ?

What I see now, that I have to do is:
- copy weblink on requested songs, paste is somewhere.
- do it for every single one of them
- clear playlist
- load my old playlist
- paste all the songs one after another to the playlist
- save it, rewrite the old one

I may be missing something, but I am sorry, this is pretty unusable :/

What I would like to have :
-New function - "load playlist x automatically on bot's start"

- DO NOT REMOVE PLAYED SONGS - EVER. Yes, make the list 100 songs long, we will manage it :D Currently it's deleting songs played long before, it's nonsense.

-New function: as I stated in previous post :
2 queues
 - temp queue, as I explained to Izl: the "please check this song and tell me your opinion" queue - very much used by viewers on nightbot
more options for streamer = add the currently(and previously) playing song to the perma queue
 - perma queue - autosaved(on bot's exit minimally), autoloaded on it's start

-Also, 2nd command, for adding to perma queue. If I set it that way, people should be able to pay point to add songs to perma queue, whether I like it, or not. This is an idea from INVIS's stream(R.I.P.), it costed a LOT to perma add the song, "or you might just ask me to view the song, if I like it, I will add it to my playlist" - exactly the same, pay huge amount to "permaadd" or -in this case new - pay a little for just adding to TEMP queue, let us listen to it, if we like it, we might just add it. People are happy that we checked it, since I got small stream, I should be able to make this a zero point cost, just to keep people occupied.

Atleast: check song - 1 currency, permaadd - 10 currency(editable, ofc). I hope you see my point.
It can't just be perma add, while there is litterally no option to preserve their wishes, noone's gonna copy the songs manually :)

-Export the current playlist (ie. the songs "loaded" in the player) into 3 things(see previous post):
text file with song names
text file with song (YT) links
youtube playlist link

-Option to ADD playlist to the current one, not just overwrite it. My trusted mates might just compile some very useful YT playlist for me, are we supposed to add it one song after another manually again ? I am sorry, but that is against everything you are trying to achieve with DeepBot(atleast I believe so), making it hard to use.

-Also, option to repeat, if end of the playlist is reached, plus if one song from playlist was removed (this happens a lot, actually) the bot stops, with player just showing "video removed" and that's it. Maybe add some check to autoskip in this case after 5-10 seconds, to make it obvious something went wrong so I might intervene.

-Include playlist files into backups, if they are not in there already

-Make songs in the playlist multiselectable, with ctrl pressed, just like explorer. I might want to delete 5 removed videos at once, or a whole section, shift clicking the start and end, pressing DEL to delete is just a luxury, right click-remove is enough in this case, but multi selection would be nice

Maybe I missed something, but you guys are completelly missing the point why the player is usefull :) Maybe I missed a thing or two(ie. what is good for what streamer, I am a small one), but the result is the same, it's still not quiet there, sorry.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Woody
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:27:52 PM by woodydaocas »

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »
done editing :D

Hand_of_Ares

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Hand_of_Ares
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:18:19 AM »
1. would be nice to see a repeat option so that when people do't request a song for a bit, it just repeats the playlist.

2. The max Songs option isn't working correctly. I had it set to where viewers can only submit 1 song and a guy requested about seven songs.

3. would be nice to be able to right click on a song and be able to play it whenever I wanted.

4. bot was having real problems registering when people would request a song. missed about 3 requests in a row.

Just sme things I noitced when I was messing with it. the commands work well tho. :) keep up the good work friend.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
Sorry, just noticed some things, that I wrote are not actually correct, like you can add playlist to your current one without overwriting :)

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I will look to implement some of the functionality around playlist management over time. Generally the feedback I have received is that the feature is working well as a song request method.

The import and export features along with the load last playlist feature allows a degree of flexibility on playlist management and recovering from bot crashes. I do not think clicking one button of "load last" is a lot of work to resume from where you left when the bot was last closed.

The amount of effort needed to create a fully functional playlist manager that integrates with youtube playlists is currently not justified for the marginal increased functionality it will deliver. So this would be an item on the "to do" list with a slightly lower priority at this point.

Lastly on the point around removing past played songs, the objective was so that people do not have to scroll through a long list after a few hours of requests. However I can see how that makes a "loop playlist" command ineffective. I will need to think of a better way to implement this.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:46 AM »
Hey Experts,
 happy new year :)
Thanks for the reply, I was afraid that it was intentious :( I really hope that you will give us an option, to let it scroll away or don't, I would like to use that and I understand that someone else is ok with that. Currently in this state I will return to NightBot, becase I don't like it and I won't use it. Also, sorry, I noticed the load last playlist function after I made all the edits and you are right of course, it's not hard, of course :) There are still a lot of bugs and currently it does not help me, quite the other way around.
After reset of the bot, the request cost is resetted, that is because I am lowering it to zero, as I said, the "please check the song" is supposed to be free at my stream, but after the reset it's back to 20 15 10 and so on, this is incorrect and costed me a lot of time to manually fix that, because ppl were requesting songs, not know they were paying for it. Till we noticed, some time passed and I had to fix that, I am not risking another issues with that, sorry. To be honest in the current state, the DeepBot does not offer anything over NightBot's functionality and even more, I like to have DeepBot on the side monitor with chat tab, to monitor who dropped by to my stream so I can greet tham AND watch the clips requested in another window, this is also not doable in DeepBot, to have it separated.
Maybe the chat could be added to Music tab, but that is getting difficult, really. Add to that, that you can't (or moderator) change the stream's title via command and we're back to NightBot..

Also one more thing, today I noticed that when moderator was adjusting volume, about 40%, it was very loud, I went to lower it and it was in like 75% of the volume bar in the music video player.. happened after that couple times, it might be just the one video, not sure, need to debug more.

Thanks for listening to the feedback
Woody

Izlsnizzt

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
Deepbot =/= Nightbot

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »
I know, this is why I am here, actually. Usually you are glad for feedback, don't be offended now :P Point is that we already talked about this and I really thought we agreed on something here, not that it will be next "it's not worth it".
 DeepBot is not NightBot, we all know that, but please, let's just not pretend you(we) are not trying to be the best bot out there, ideally present on every twitch streamer's channel.. And I did not invent this phrase, it's quote, actually :)
So, is it possible with this attitude ? I don't think so, sorry.
Woody

Izlsnizzt

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 10:04:21 PM »
I think you may have misunderstood my intention.  We are not trying to emulate or replace nightbot, moobot, xanbot, ackbot etc.  These bots are already well established on twitch and have excellent features, and excellent support.  While some of the features in deepbot were inspired by other systems, they do not seek to replicate them exactly.  If you feel nightbot is better for your needs, please use it, nightbot is an excellent piece of software.  That being said we will continue to adapt based on feedback.

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 01:33:00 AM »
I was actually referring to Experts and our chat some 2 months before :) I DON'T want to use any other bot, but I need the functionality for the users :) So, thanks a LOT for the latest update, that helps a lot. Thanks and love
Woody